Windows 10: Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor

Discus and support Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ultrawide main monitor and a second 16:9 monitor, and I often split my main monitor to have 2 programs open using windows key + arrow keys,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hi_Flyers, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Hi_Flyers Win User

Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor

I have an ultrawide main monitor and a second 16:9 monitor, and I often split my main monitor to have 2 programs open using windows key + arrow keys, but if I accidentally hit the shortcut a second time so the window moves to my second monitor, windows crashes and my PC has to restart

:)

Hi_Flyers, Nov 17, 2020

2. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 17, 2020
  4. chuckp Win User

Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the 2nd they will return to the 1st and even in sorted order but when I reconnect they will jump back. It's not always the same icons that jump.

chuckp, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Crashes

2. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  3. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  4. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2nd monitor crashing PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor crashing PC: Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything updated. finally i unplugged the 2nd monitor and no crashes... 1060 GTX 3gb. I started having problems 3 or 4 weeks ago when I...
  6. Dual Monitor Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Crashing: So I have a dual monitor setup, one is a newer Samsung, the other is an older Viore (just something i had in the house). When i load up the CPU, both monitors are up (the second one is plugged in using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter) But when i load up discord, it crashes the...
  7. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  8. Icons move from 2nd monitor to main after reboot of dual monitors in extended mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons move from 2nd monitor to main after reboot of dual monitors in extended mode: I have dual monitors set up in extended mode. I like to keep Skype for Business and Sticky Notes open on my second monitor while keeping most of my shortcuts on my main monitor. However, when I start up each day, all the Sticky Notes have moved to my main menu. This started...
  9. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  10. Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Icons on Dual Monitors: On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the...