Windows 10: Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor

Discus and support Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I have a secondary monitor connected to my laptop from HDMI to VGA and the screen resolution on the laptop is 1366 X 768 which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dawn Brockman, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor

I have windows 10 and I have a secondary monitor connected to my laptop from HDMI to VGA and the screen resolution on the laptop is 1366 X 768 which is the recommended size. And the secondary monitor is 1920 X 1080. And I have not tinkered with the setting on the monitor since I connected them. And I just left everything the way it was except for the monitor positioning.

I moved the monitor from the right of the laptop to above the laptop after I placed the monitor on a desk mount. So in the settings the monitor 2 is above the laptop and the laptop is the main monitor.

So when I open the Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge all the browsers are the same size and there all to big. So on the secondary monitor there is this thin line at the bottom of the screen whenever I have a browser fully opened.

But there is something I did notice when I use Firefox and click the 3 lined button to get into options and such I can zoom in and out and the go into full screen without the tabs and such on the top showing and then the line disappears.

But I like to see the tabs without needing to mess around with the sizing and such.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to change the full size of the browser windows full when they open full. There is the minimize and maximize and then close. I want the window maximized but not full screen in full screen I can't see the tabs and such. I want to fix this for all my browsers if possible.

Thank You!

:)

Dawn Brockman, Jun 26, 2020

2. Desktop icons - dual monitors extended view...

I am using Winows 10 with a dual monitor setup - extended display option. My laptop is the main monitor. I cannot get all the desk top ICONS to appear on the main monitor (this was the case some time ago but I cannot get to look that way now).

Even though the main monitor (laptop) is not full of Icons some portion of the total destop ICONs always shows up on the second monitor. BTW - the same ICON always appear on the secondary monitor.

How can I get get all ICONS on the main monitor only in extended view?

1257Scooter, Jun 26, 2020
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor

Windows 10 Dual Monitors Extended

Hi Julia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check with the article created by Karthick Vengaloor
    and see if it helps.

Windows 8.1 Extend dual monitor and resolution issue after update

And for a work around please go through the below article for further information.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I hope the information helps. If not, reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor

1. Dual Monitor Problem Browser Windows Showing Up To Big And Extending To Secondary Monitor - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Problem

2. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  4. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  6. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  7. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10: Hi! I have a Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor and a HP Office Monitor. I plan to connect both of these monitors to my pc so i can have a dual monitor setup. I've tried countless cables, splitters and multiple test monitors and all my pc wants to do is duplicate and not extend....
  9. Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10

Dual Monitors not extending - Windows 10: Hi! I have a Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor and a HP Office Monitor. I plan to connect both of these monitors to my pc so i can have a dual monitor setup. I've tried countless cables, splitters and multiple test monitors and all my pc wants to do is duplicate and not extend....
  10. Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor: Hi, I have the exact same problem as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-problem-browser-windows-showing-up-to/239833c3-66a5-43ce-825d-c19882168f81, which did not get answered successfully. I have two monitors, one above the...