Windows 10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

Discus and support Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Yesterday or the day before I have had difficulties with dual monitor set up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 card and I cannot seem to get the display to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Miss Bad Wolf, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

Yesterday or the day before I have had difficulties with dual monitor set up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 card and I cannot seem to get the display to extend to the second Monitor. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but it just duplicates the screen to the second monitor instead of extending it. Also the resolution is not great on the main monitor but okay on the secondary monitor. It is the same image on both monitors. I prefer dual monitors so I can watch my videos on one screen and surf the web on the other screen.

:)

Miss Bad Wolf, Aug 8, 2015

2. I have 4 monitors and 2 ATI RADEON drivers, if I unistall the radeon drivers then it works???

I have 4 monitors and 2 ATI RADEON HD 4800 graphics card, Windows 10 does not recognise my four screen and on start up reverts back to two monitors, if I uninstall the radeon drivers and restart the computer a few times it displays all four monitos, but
    each time I shut down it reverts back to just two monitors pls help

ClaudioGaldes, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

The problem is that there is no Win 10 driver for that card. There is a Windows 8.1 driver, which you can get from the AMD driver site, but it was written back in 2013 -- and that is the most recent driver.

You might have to use Device Manager --> Update Driver, selecting the .inf file from the driver package to install it. Unless they've fixed this problem, the standard AMD driver utility won't install that in Win8.1 or newer.

Mark Phelps, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Would I need to get a new video card?

Miss Bad Wolf, Aug 9, 2015
  6. UKMedia Win User
    If you press the Windows key and P, can you select Extend?

UKMedia, Aug 9, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
  8. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

That method did not work. I do not see any options to do anything when I do that.

Miss Bad Wolf, Aug 9, 2015
  9. UKMedia Win User
    The other way to access this setting is to enter Project in the search and select 'Project to a second screen'

UKMedia, Aug 10, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    The problem is that the driver that Windows 10 has installed does not support it. That's why it must be replaced with the ATI driver. ATI Radeon 4600 here. That's the only way I could get extended desktop to work to play movies on the TV and use the computer on a monitor. Instructions linked to in post #5.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

1. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card - Similar Threads - Dual monitor problem

2. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  3. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  4. Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450: I have been trying to play Minecraft and Overwatch however experience reoccurring issues with my graphics. I tend to get a large red "x" claiming that I have an issue with my graphics card. I went to check if it could be updated, only for it to claim it's already up-to-date....
  5. ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update

ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update: ATI Radeon HD lost 1920 screen res on last Win 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ati-radeon-hd-lost-driver-in-update/1efbea73-9119-4e05-b1eb-456df2726dc3
  6. ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem

ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem: As this Problem was locked, I would like to add a possible solution that worked for me(x64 w10 pro) . I just disabled the signed driver enforcement. IT FIXED MY PROBLEM! Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not...
  7. Dual Radeon HD 6670 Video Cards and win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Radeon HD 6670 Video Cards and win 10: just a quick question; I have these dual cards on my win 7 machine, and I want to get on the win 10 preview already, but am concerned that there will be an issue with this video card setup; is any one running these cards in a dual setup on the 10074 version or later? Are...
  8. Problems with ATI Radeon HD5450

Problems with ATI Radeon HD5450: I have Windows 10 x64 Pro build 1511 with all latest updates. My graphic adapter ( discrete ) is an ATI radeon HD 5450. I have installed the latest drivers downloaded from AMD site. But now under Device Manager i can see my graphic Adapter installed correctly , but when i...
  9. ATI Radeon HD 4800: display resolution problem

ATI Radeon HD 4800: display resolution problem: Hello, i recently updated my graphic card driver to the newes version. But now I am not able to select the right display resolution(which is 1920x1200). The max resolution I can select is now only 1600x1200. But this Driver should definitely support this resolution. Even...
  10. Are Dual Radeon HD6670 Video cards a problem?

Are Dual Radeon HD6670 Video cards a problem?: will win 10 work with dual amd video cards? my setup is pretty normal, except I am running Dual Radeon HD6670 video cards in my machine... Just want to make sure windows 10 can handle this, before I install the preview.. Thanks so much! 6960

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon graphic cards extra monitor problem

2. ati radeon 4600 two monitors duplicate

3. after radeon update second monitor unavailable

4. raieon dual monitor card,
  5. windows radeon dual monitor,
  6. dual monitor blinking