Windows 10: Dual-monitor scaling

Discus and support Dual-monitor scaling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor. The problem is when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by THBird777, Oct 3, 2020.

1. THBird777 Win User

Dual-monitor scaling

Hi, everyone.

I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor.

The problem is when I unplug monitor from laptop and later connect it, scaling factor for external monitor resets to laptop display value. So, every time I have to change scaling value manually.

I guess the issue caused by custom scaling. But I can't turn it off permanently. I have to turn it off and re-sign in every session.

So, summing up:

1. How to turn off custom scaling permanently?

2. How to fix scaling factor for external monitor?

Dual-monitor scaling eaa7e04d-c56d-4d34-ace4-ee76a47188d2?upload=true.png

:)

THBird777, Oct 3, 2020

2. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing scaling issues when you connect a 4K monitor to the PC. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the monitors are connected to the PC?
    3. What is the build version of Windows installed on the PC?
    4. Have you tried updating the display drivers?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices
    and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 3, 2020
  3. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Dual-monitor scaling

Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Dual-monitor scaling

1. Dual-monitor scaling - Similar Threads - Dual monitor scaling

2. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?: I have 2x 27" LG monitors:4K UHD LCD2K QHD OLEDI use the OLED for gaming, but I use both for productivity and general use.They are side by side, equal in size, and only different in pixel density / resolution.However, Windows doesn't seem to have any awareness of these...
  3. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?: I have 2x 27" LG monitors:4K UHD LCD2K QHD OLEDI use the OLED for gaming, but I use both for productivity and general use.They are side by side, equal in size, and only different in pixel density / resolution.However, Windows doesn't seem to have any awareness of these...
  4. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  6. Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text

Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text: I am currently running 2 monitors in windows, one 2k, and one 4k. At the moment the only way I am able to get clear crisp text and icons is to run the 4k at 100% scaling. I am wanting to run the 4k @ 150% OR at 2k but It makes some apps blurry (task manager). I am just...
  7. Different Window scaling with dual monitors

Different Window scaling with dual monitors: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex PC with primary monitor a Lenovo 24" 1920x1080. When I connect to my Samsung 55" 4K LED TV as a second Extended monitor, also @1920x1080 resolution, the wallpaper and icons scale perfectly. i.e. the 1920x1080 photo exactly fills...
  8. Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?

Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?: The display settings provide setting scaling options individually per monitor. There's also an advanced setting option that provides a Custom Scaling option where you can enter a value between 100-500. In my current setup the laptop monitor (1920x1080) scaling is set to 100...
  9. How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor

How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor: Hello everyone. I want to set my first monitor's dpi scale to 134%. And second monitor to 100%. But I couldn't do it. So, windows only offers me 134% for all monitors or (100-125-150-175-200) for first monitor and (100-125-150-175-200)% for second monitor.(Only presets)...
  10. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...