Windows 10: Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

Discus and support Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rohn007, May 30, 2021.

1. Rohn007 Win User

Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the monitor power off and on, the Windows desktop displays for approx 1 second then blacks out. .In Settings >Display dialog, it shows that Windows is confusedIt shows that Windows recognizes that there are 2 monitors. If I click on "Identify" button, it only displays #1 on laptop screenIf I click on the "Detect" button it

:)

Rohn007, May 30, 2021
  2. DaveHD Win User

Second Monitor is Blank after Windows 10

My setup is a Dell Inspiron 2350 with HDMI to second Monitor, a Dell P2815Q. After upgrading to Windows 10 and updating all drivers and Bios, my second monitor is blank. The system recognizes the second monitor and on very rare occasions, my second monitor
    will work, but within a minute, it begins to derez, flicker and go black. I've tried new cable, different refresh rates, and screen resolutions with no luck. Any suggestions? There is no alternate video output rom the Inspiron to try. Thanks for any suggestions.

DaveHD, May 30, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Dual monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Dual monitors on the computer after updating Radeon software. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

If you do not see the second monitor in Display Settings, I would suggest you to click on Detect and see if the second monitor gets detected.

Since you are facing this issue after updating the Radeon software, you may want to try rolling back the driver and see if that helps.

To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the Radeon Driver and select Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer if prompted.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2021
  4. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

1. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank. - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Second

2. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  3. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  4. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  5. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  6. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  7. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...
  8. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...
  9. Second monitor detected but blank

Second monitor detected but blank: Hi, After a windows update, my second monitor has become blank. Please see attached image. Details: - It IS recognized in Display Settings - It Is recognized in GeForce Control Panel - When taking a screenshot, it shows up as if nothing is wrong - It is NOT...
  10. stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor

stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor: Ok,i have a problem..i use 2 monitor on my laptop,one from the laptop itself and one is regular lcd monitor,i set my another monitor (not the laptop monitor) to a main monitor,and if i connect the sec monitor to my laptop it sayd out of range,and my laptop monitor is not...