Windows 10: dual monitor settings

Discus and support dual monitor settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnFehner, Mar 28, 2020.

1. dual monitor settings

ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without changing that...is it possible to set things up to play my games on the 2nd smaller monitor..I prefer my mouse changing monitors left to right not right to left

:)

JohnFehner, Mar 28, 2020

2. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 28, 2020
  3. set up dual monitors

unable to set up dual monitors in Windows 10. Using GEForce 7050GT 512MB PCIE in Windows 7 duals worked Fine .After upgrade doesn't work. Any suggestions

JohnMeyer2, Mar 28, 2020
  4. dual monitor settings

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

dual monitor settings

1. dual monitor settings - Similar Threads - dual monitor settings

2. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  3. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  4. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  6. dual monitor set up troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up troubles: im setting up a dual monitor that connects to my gaming laptop which only has 1 HDMI port. i bought an adaptor for the second HDMI port, and when i connect either display separately they work properly. however when i plug both of them in at the same time itll work for just a...
  7. Windows not saving dual monitor settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not saving dual monitor settings: Hello all. I’m using a Surface Book 2 along side a dock connected to a second monitor. My computer’s main screen display resolution is 3000x2000 with a scale of 200%. When connected to the dock it changes to 1920x1080 at 125% scale. Which is perfect for me. I played around...
  8. Display settings for dual monitors

Display settings for dual monitors: Im using dual monitors. Can I have different backgrounds for each monitor? I want to have a darker background on my larger monitor #2 as the current background reflects to brightly on my face for online meetings. Thank you, Gaia...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...