Windows 10: Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz

Discus and support Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Dell Laptop, using a Dell D3100 docking station and 2 Dell monitors and when using both monitors in a extended desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yee Leung Lee, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz

Hi there,

I have a Dell Laptop, using a Dell D3100 docking station and 2 Dell monitors and when using both monitors in a extended desktop configuration, the refresh rate for both monitors drops to 24Hz. I have tested using one monitor and duplicate and the monitor can then run 60Hz refresh rate. With this in mind, why can't the monitors run on 60Hz? Is this a GPU issue Using the integrated Iris GPU or something else?

Many thanks for your help.

Michael

:)

Yee Leung Lee, Feb 23, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

Are you sure the other monitors are independent (dual or multiple mode) rather than cloning the main monitor? If they clone the main monitor, then this explains the 60Hz refresh rate, as all settings (resolution, color depth, refresh rate) should be common for all monitors and the others can only do 60Hz.

spapakons, Feb 23, 2021
  3. GARKX Win User
    Dell S2721DGF dual monitor refresh rate issue

Hi,

I've updated my setup (dual Dell U2719DC) to dual Dell S2721DGF on a Windows 10 pc. The main cause was ghosting text when scrolling, most probably due to the U2719DC 60hz refresh rate.

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 1050ti but also have an onboard Intel UHD 630.

Since the GeForce only provides 1 display port, I could only connect one monitor via dp (in order to get 165hz refresh rate) and had to connect the other via HDMI. There was a visible difference in the way the monitors handle
    text ghosting and scrolling in both browsers or IDEs. I thought having the second monitor on HDMI may be the cause so I've connected it via dp to the onboard Intel card. Now, I have one monitor connected to Nvidia GeForce and the other one to the onboard Intel
    card, both setup on 165hz.

They are setup as extended monitors but the issue is still present. On the monitor set as "main display" scrolling works fine without ghosting but on the other one it doesn't work as good. It's strange since the OSD displays
    165hz for both monitors. If I choose "duplicate" instead of "extend" the issues goes away and ghosting is not present on any of the monitors. It's somehow like one monitor would be on 165hz and the other one on 90hz or so.

Any clue how I can solve the issue ?

Thanks

GARKX, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz

Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

As I said in the OP, configuring the monitors in the Nvidia control panel did not help.

All the monitors are detected properly in Device Manager:

Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz [​IMG]

If it were a video driver issue, then why would the multi-monitor setup break after a Windows update? The GPU driver did not change until I updated it in an attempt to solve the issue.

CaptainMurica, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz

1. Dual Monitor setup - Refresh Rate on both monitors is locked to 24Hz - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor setup

2. Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz: I got a really expensive monitor a few months ago and have kind of avoided a problem with changing the Hz. Now that I’m starting to notice it more, I figured it’s about time to get it fixed. Basically, whenever I try to change the refresh rate in settings, it says it had...
  3. Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate: I have three monitors, one 1440p 165Hz display and two 1200p 60Hz displays, for my up to date 2020-10 cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 Windows 10 PC on a dedicated graphics card RX 580. When the two 60 Hz displays are off, the 165 Hz display works at 165 Hz, 144 Hz, and...
  4. Dell S2721DGF dual monitor refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell S2721DGF dual monitor refresh rate issue: Hi, I've updated my setup dual Dell U2719DC to dual Dell S2721DGF on a Windows 10 pc. The main cause was ghosting text when scrolling, most probably due to the U2719DC 60hz refresh rate. I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 1050ti but also have an onboard Intel UHD 630. Since the...
  5. Monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor refresh rate: Hello community, I have a question regarding the monitor hz. I have a laptop with a 144hz monitor and I want to reduce it to 120hz. But when I go to the monitor settings it shows two options: 144hz and 60hz. Why isn't there a 120hz option and how can I fix it?...
  6. Dual monitor - different refresh rate stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor - different refresh rate stuttering: Hi there, This is an issue that I've seen go as far back as 2014/15 and STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED. I've changed from a 3 monitor set up (main in the middle at 144hz and two 60hz monitors on either side. I found that when I played and there was ANYTHING moving on the side...
  7. Stutter on multiple monitor setup with different refresh rates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutter on multiple monitor setup with different refresh rates.: It's been years since Windows 10 released and Microsoft still has not addressed this issue that plagues multiple monitor setups with different refresh rates. For those not aware of the issue, Windows 10 forces vsync on all monitors if any application needs hardware...
  8. Different refresh rates for monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different refresh rates for monitors: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ Has this even been fixed yet? Needs to be fixed especially for G-sync users "It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could...
  9. monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor refresh rate: on windows 10, i am having trouble finding the monitor's refresh rate. i get an error message that says it should be 60Hz. 113436
  10. Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz: I've been running a multi-monitor setup for a while now, with an ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitor as my main, and one or more spare monitors as secondary displays. I've set the ASUS monitor to 144Hz without issue in the past, while the other monitors stay at 60Hz. The other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 144hz 60hz dual monitor