Windows 10: Dual monitor slideshow causing lag

Discus and support Dual monitor slideshow causing lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows stutters for a bit when wallpaper changes. Extremely irritating in games. I have slideshow enabled, which pulls wallpapers from a folder with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaktanternak, May 7, 2020.

1. Dual monitor slideshow causing lag

Windows stutters for a bit when wallpaper changes. Extremely irritating in games. I have slideshow enabled, which pulls wallpapers from a folder with ~100 wallpapers for both screens.

I've searched the internet through and through, but wasn't able to find a fix.

Wallpaper folder is on the same drive win10 is installed on, which is an SSD.

R5 3600X, x570-a pro from MSI, 32 GB RAM at 3600MHz (4x8GB) and 5700XT graphics, so it's not a hardware issue. Windows 10 Pro, original and up to date.

'Just don't use slideshow' isn't really a solution. It's skipping the thing entirely, but I don't have these wallpapers for noithing, right?

Did anyone experience it and managed to find a fix? Thanks!

submitted by /u/kaktanternak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaktanternak, May 7, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, May 7, 2020
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, May 7, 2020
  4. Alchad Win User

Dual monitor slideshow causing lag

Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow

Hi,

Upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7) on Friday, very impressed. The only problem I'm having is that I have two monitors operating in dual mode and previously used to run a slideshow as the background and the same photo was shown on both monitors. In windows 10 for some reason the slideshows photos are not the same.

I've updated graphic card drivers etc and been through all setting I can think of, but just cannot synchronize things.

Any advice much appreciated.

Alchad, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitor slideshow causing lag

1. Dual monitor slideshow causing lag - Similar Threads - Dual monitor slideshow

2. Windows 11 Dual Monitor Slideshow Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dual Monitor Slideshow Wallpaper: I am running the following Windows 11 configuration with dual monitors:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎28/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.318 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0 In the past each screen showed different backgrounds from my...
  3. Windows 11 Dual Monitor Slideshow Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dual Monitor Slideshow Wallpaper: I am running the following Windows 11 configuration with dual monitors:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎28/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.318 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0 In the past each screen showed different backgrounds from my...
  4. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  5. Wallpaper Slideshow on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper Slideshow on Dual Monitors: Hi! I recently found some desktop backgrounds of the same outdoor scene, but with a changing time of day as you go through themmorning, sunset, night. I wanted to put them on a slideshow to change every four hours or so, so the pictures change to reflect the time of day as it...
  6. Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag

Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag: I've been using "Slideshow" for my desktop background for quite some time, but for some months now it's felt like this issue has gotten much worse. I use a folder of not even 50 images (Planned to add more to it) to cycle through. Recently I got all SSD, more RAM, and better...
  7. Wallpaper for Dual Monitors Running Slideshow on Windows 10

Wallpaper for Dual Monitors Running Slideshow on Windows 10: Like the subject says, I have dual monitors running slideshow in personalization settings. How do I change the setting to show the same wallpaper. Right now it's showing two different wallpapers. This is a work computer so I cannot download any applications to fix this....
  8. Dual monitor lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor lag: I have a 144hz acer xf240h monitor as my primary monitor then my secondary monitor is 60 hz. obs lags really hard if i stream at 60fps and play fortnite at 144fps but if i play fortnite at 60fps it is smooth. How can i fix this?...
  9. Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow

Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow: Hi, Upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7) on Friday, very impressed. The only problem I'm having is that I have two monitors operating in dual mode and previously used to run a slideshow as the background and the same photo was shown on both monitors. In windows 10 for some...
  10. Dual monitors causes crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors causes crash: Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970). When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to wake them up (they are stuck in sleep mode and looking for signal). If I turn of either one of them 10166 (and all builds I...