Windows 10: Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Discus and support Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; #1 Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2) I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UncleDemonTTV, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2)

I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing.
    Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled surround but it doesnt work

Pc specs : ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-6G-GAMING
    Intel i5-9600k
    Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

:)

UncleDemonTTV, Apr 8, 2019

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Dual monitors with HDMI not working

Hi Anthony,

If both devices aren't detecting each other after properly setting them up, try these steps and see if it helps:

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Also, you may refer to Andre Da Costa's How to add multiple monitors to
    your Windows 10 PC
    for more information about setting up dual monitors in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

1. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Sound

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  6. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  7. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  8. HDMI monitor disabled sound

HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  9. multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?: I have a laptop with a second (USB) monitor that I am using for a video production. I take the HDMI output and it goes into a mixer for recording. The issue is that the display output sent to HDMI is not what I want. The W10 machine maps the displays like this: [2] - [1] [1]...
  10. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. output soudn to both monitors nvidia dual monitors

2. dual monitor sound split on 2 hdmi outputs

3. two hdmi monitors play sound

4. asus monitor dusl how to get sound on both,
  5. idual hdmi with sound from both,
  6. pc sound output multiple hdmi,
  7. connect 2 hdmi monitors to pc and sound on both,
  8. dual monitor pc sound