Windows 10: Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable

Discus and support Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 (17763.437), 16GB RAM, AMD RADEON HD 6350 Video card; System has two VGA Monitors attached. WIth only one monitor, desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wlpeavy, Apr 13, 2019.

1. wlpeavy Win User

Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 (17763.437), 16GB RAM, AMD RADEON HD 6350 Video card;
    System has two VGA Monitors attached.
    WIth only one monitor, desktop configuration is stable - ie, appears the same after each boot.
    With TWO monitors, desktop configuration is unstable - ie, is unpredictable following reboot.
    By this I mean, some desktop icons suddenly appear on second monitor rather than first after reboot.
    This kinda reeks!

I've never before seen such behavior.
    If anyone knows of a fix, I'd be glad to learn of it.
    Thanks,

:)

wlpeavy, Apr 13, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Dual Monitor setup stopped working

Hi Randall,

There are various reasons why you're encountering the issue. For us to better assist you on your concern, please provide the answers to the question below:

• What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To determine the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • How are your monitors connected to the computer? Are your monitors connected to the built-in slot of your motherboard or are they connected to the slot of your video card?
    • If you're using a desktop, what cables are using to connect your monitors to the computer?
    • What is happening when you're using a dual monitor set up? Is one of your monitors working? If so, have you checked if the other monitor will work when you use it by itself?

If possible, send a picture of the issue for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor System

2. Unstable System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable System: Win 10 64 21H1:I'm experiencing random reboot issues. It started during the latest update series. After the last update, it happens often enough the system is unusable. I've attempted to restart in safe mode and once got as far as the American Megatrends BIOS. I noticed that...
  3. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  4. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  5. Dual monitor system tray

Dual monitor system tray: Hello, is there a way of having system tray on both monitors? Thanks submitted by /u/dean_yyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik9hb1/dual_monitor_system_tray/
  6. Dual monitor goes to desktop

Dual monitor goes to desktop: Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a fullscreen app on it. How can I keep the fullscreen app playing while also using my secondary monitor? submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 Unstable Display w/ Dual Monitor (DisplayPort + HDMI)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Unstable Display w/ Dual Monitor (DisplayPort + HDMI): Hello Community, My Rig: OS: Windows 10 64 bit CPU: i3 8100 GPU: RX 480 Disk: 500Gb NVME RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Primary Display: HDMI ASUS (1920x1080) Secondary Displays: HDMI Samsung(1920x1080), DisplayPort LG(2560x1080) When trying to use multiple displays of different...
  8. Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 (17763.437), 16GB RAM, AMD RADEON HD 6350 Video card; System has two VGA Monitors attached. WIth only one monitor, desktop configuration is stable - ie, appears the same after each boot. With TWO monitors, desktop configuration is unstable - ie,...
  9. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop: Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching the internet I've...
  10. Unstable system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unstable system: I am so fed up with my laptop! Nothing but problems since I bought it!!! For some odd reason my system is not stable at all. I was discussing some of this in conjunction with another issue I'm having (setting up making an iso of windows 10 before the end of July deadline...