Windows 10: Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming.

Discus and support Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Checking if anyone else experiences the same thing. I enabled GPU Scheduling, then I played a video on my second screen as I normally do and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Xbob42, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Xbob42 Win User

Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming.

Checking if anyone else experiences the same thing.

I enabled GPU Scheduling, then I played a video on my second screen as I normally do and after opening a game and getting into proper gameplay, the video would play very slowly, with the video not keeping up with the audio at all. Alt-tabbing instantly fixed this even with the game still running and visible on my main monitor. I'd alt-tab back and forth and as soon as the game had focus, the video would run terribly.

Disabling GPU Scheduling and rebooting again fixed this, so I'm leaving it off for now, as most Windows "enhancements" tend to have issues like this.

Not going to waste my time with specs since I'm not asking for technical help, just want to see if others experience the same thing, regardless of system.

It's worth noting that the video would play back entirely normally when I was in the game's main menu, but as soon as I got control of my character the issue would crop up. I imagine GPU Scheduling makes the GPU prioritize the game over everything else, but in this case the performance difference if there even was one, the game already plays at 120+ FPS without scheduling did not seem worth throttling my video playback into dust.

:)

Xbob42, Jun 24, 2020

2. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes.

My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose transparency. It makes me sad. Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming. :(

I have installed color profiles for both displays and set them as primary profile for each one. I have also calibrated the color of both displays.

Primary display is AOC 2460 connected with DVI-D

Secondary display is Acer G246HL Connected with HDMI

Graphics card is Nvidia Gerforce 1050 TI 4GB and it has latest drivers

Operating system is Windows 10 Pro v. 1803 (OS-build 17.134.228)

Steps to reproduce:

• On dual monitor system disable secondary monitor
    • Open Start menu and transparency will be lost
    Additional information:

CPU overclocked with multiplier but was at Stock settings when OS was installed

GPU overclocked with Asus GPU Tweak II

snowman666, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Video playback

Thanks for the update. I would like to know if the zooming of videos occurs on a single web browser or regardless of which web browser that you use?

Let's try to enable/disable the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option in Internet Properties and see if the issue will persist. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Type-in internet options in Cortana.
    2. Click on the Advanced tab.
    3. Under Accelerated graphics, tick on the check box beside Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option to enable or disable it.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Gerald Vit, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Y_S001 Win User

Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming.

Video playback issue on external monitor

Hello,

I've got an issue with some videos that are not being played on my external monitor.

I have Dell Inspiron 7567 laptop and Dell P2213t monitor connected via DVI-D to HDMI cable.

Some videos just won't work on the external monitor, while on laptop there is no problem with playback. Audio is also good.

The frame of video just freezes on the monitor.

This issue is found only on a part of videos/websites. Maybe it is a problem of codec or something.

Does anyone know what is up with that monitor? is it software issue or harware/cable issue?

Y_S001, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Dual monitor system with GPU Scheduling enabled video playback issue while gaming. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor system

2. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: Hey all, I have MSI 2080ti and noticed that after installing geforce drivers, I have video playback issues, for example in hulu app or web there is black screen with sound only, no video. Also in youtube, videos are playing corrupted like this: https://imgur.com/KN2jKSS...
  3. In-game [video] playback control

In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  4. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  5. Video playback issue on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issue on external monitor: Hello, I've got an issue with some videos that are not being played on my external monitor. I have Dell Inspiron 7567 laptop and Dell P2213t monitor connected via DVI-D to HDMI cable. Some videos just won't work on the external monitor, while on laptop there is no...
  6. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issues: I'm one of the many, many, many people seeing the video glitch with Windows 10. I play a video, or a .gif file, and it gets zoomed in to a pixellated mess, and I'm left staring at (for instance) Philip DeFranco's mouth, and nothing else. At least, I think it's his mouth. Hard...
  7. Video playback issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video playback issues.: Whenever I try to watch a video on YouTube, the video will display the buffering circle. If the video is from an ad, the video screen will display a blank green screen. Audio for all videos works, just the image itself doesn't. I have windows 10, and let my computer install...
  8. Video Playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  9. Video playback issues

Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...