Windows 10: Dual monitor taskbar question

Discus and support Dual monitor taskbar question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I recently reset my PC and before I had my monitor setup to where my taskbar on my 2nd monitor didn't exist at all, now it's there I can't remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnDaemon, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Dual monitor taskbar question

Hello I recently reset my PC and before I had my monitor setup to where my taskbar on my 2nd monitor didn't exist at all, now it's there I can't remove it and it's also showing what's open on a specific monitor, I want all my tabs to be on one taskbar on one monitor thanks

:)

JohnDaemon, Dec 17, 2020

2. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 17, 2020
  4. patrickt Win User

Dual monitor taskbar question

Dual Monitor Problem

Overall I'm delighted with Windows 10 but I have one relatively minor problem with my dual monitors. The taskbar on the second monitor won't auto-hide. It just sits there.

Any suggestions?

patrickt, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitor taskbar question

1. Dual monitor taskbar question - Similar Threads - Dual monitor taskbar

2. Question about dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual monitors.: I have recently installed a second monitor to my setup. I have a 32" primary and a 28" secondary at the moment. Both of them have the same resolutions, so windows detects them as the same size, but they are not. My problem is, that when I set it on extend mode, the experience...
  3. Dual monitor setup question

Dual monitor setup question: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm using Matebook D14 and I've connected second display to it. Is there a way to setup dual monitors like on the image? I want the mouse jumping to stop. Also is it maybe possible to have different scaling when the monitor is connected and when it's...
  4. Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors

Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors: I just added a second monitor to my setup. The second one has the taskbar disabled for simplicity. The taskbar on the main monitor is now extremely slow when right-clicking clicking an app and when pressing "close window" after right-clicking an app very often nothing happens...
  5. Dual Monitor Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop. I have 2 monitors that i connect to, both are 24' and 1920x1200 resolution. One i connect via hdmi to hdmi. The other i connect via usb-c to hdmi. I have dual monitor setup on this. The thing is im not in that place now. Im at my other...
  6. Dual Monitor question/help

Dual Monitor question/help: I'm new here (not even sure this question should be in this forum) and new to windows 10. Not a fan as I have sensitive eyes. My issue is - I use 2 monitors at work. I don't want anything on my second monitor until I put it there. The picture of my dog is on both and that's...
  7. Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration: I have a dual monitor setup and I'm trying to not have to buy Display Fusion. Does anyone know if it's possible in stock windows 10 to remove the startmeny icon and clock from the secondary monitor taskbar whilst keeping the taskbar itself? i.e make it empty. I use it to...
  8. Laptop dual monitor question

Laptop dual monitor question: I just set up a new HP slimline laptop. Has no VGA or Display Port. Owner has a 19" monitor to use as a dual boot system. I got a USB to VGA adapter and got the second monitor recognized after installing the driver that came with the adapter. Problem is that the external...
  9. Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors: I tried searching for info on the forum, but I guess it doesn't like Pale Moon as I got no (0) results for several queries. At TAFE, several rooms have dual monitor PCs set up with W10 (b10240) installed. There is one decent monitor and one small monitor. Each monitor...
  10. Programs on dual monitors question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on dual monitors question.: I currently run 2 monitors, i use my main monitor (which is a 4k monitor) for gaming and the other (1080p) for keeping EVGA precision x, and real temp up to monitor temps. When my screens shut off when the computer "goes to sleep" the programs EVGA precision x and real temp...