Windows 10: dual monitor to change to night light mode

Discus and support dual monitor to change to night light mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've changed my laptop to night light mode however the monitor I have attached does not change. What needs to be done to have this view transfer over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanBright, Mar 1, 2020.

1. dual monitor to change to night light mode

I've changed my laptop to night light mode however the monitor I have attached does not change. What needs to be done to have this view transfer over to the monitor.

:)

SusanBright, Mar 1, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 1, 2020
  4. dual monitor to change to night light mode

Windows 10 1903 (may update) Breaks Night Light (built in night light mode)

Hi there,

I have 2 machines (1 was an upgrade install to 1903 the other was a clean install). Both nvidia cards, 1080ti and a 2080 in the other (1 has the latest nvidia drivers the other has the very last version prior to the latest). Both intel 8700k processors.

what is happening: i keep the night light mode always on, and prior to 1903 (when i was using 1809), when i play a game (full screen) the nightlight mode would turn off in game. when i alt tab to windows, night light was enabled. when i jumped back into
    a game, it was disabled. no issues.

when i upgraded to 1903 (both the clean install machine and the upgrade), when i have night light on, and go in game and alt tab, the night light remains off in windows, this never happened in 1809.

not limited to games, but in both machines using 1903, sometimes when i start the computer, the night light mode is disabled. trying to turn it on does nothing, and rebooting fixes it. but if happens enough now where i suspect this is not a one off, and
    the fact it happens on both my computers, and when i go back to 1809 there are no issues.

i also tried flux, but it did the same thing where it would sometimes when you turn on the computer be off, and no way to enable it without rebooting.

lastly, i noticed when the display goes to sleep (the monitor, not the computer), night light is disabled. You can turn it back on, but the monitor being put to sleep effectlivley disabled night light mode from running on 1903, but not on 1809.

somehow i think this is all connected, something in 1903 with night light mode is not working properly like it did in 1809.

computer stats:

Machine 1 (upgrade to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 evo 1tb
    • nvidia 2080 FE
    • nivida driver 425.31
    • monitor asus 32inch running at 75hz (non-gsync)

Machine 2 (clean install to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 pro 512gb
    • evga 1080ti hybrid FTW3
    • nivida driver 430.39
    • monitor lg 31.5inch 144hz g-sync

WindwardBaton7, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

dual monitor to change to night light mode

1. dual monitor to change to night light mode - Similar Threads - dual monitor change

2. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  3. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  4. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to turn on night light for dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on night light for dual monitor set up: HiMy set up is a Dell Lattitude 7400 laptop connected to a Dell Docking station with two external monitors from Lenovo ThinkVision.Sometimes my Monitor 1 turns on night light but most times it does not.Monitor 2 never turns night light on.Tried updating window updates and...
  6. How to turn on night light for dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on night light for dual monitor set up: HiMy set up is a Dell Lattitude 7400 laptop connected to a Dell Docking station with two external monitors from Lenovo ThinkVision.Sometimes my Monitor 1 turns on night light but most times it does not.Monitor 2 never turns night light on.Tried updating window updates and...
  7. Night Light mode

Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  8. Night light on monitors

Night light on monitors: How can I apply the nightlight feature to other monitors? I have a laptop as my main computer and two monitors connected by the Dell device. When I turn on the nightlight feature it only applies to the laptop. Thanks...
  9. Night Light with Dual Monitor Display

Night Light with Dual Monitor Display: Hello! I am running Windows 10 v1909 on a Lenovo Ideapad. I have 2 Lenovo L23i monitors, one plugged directly into the laptop via HDMI, and one plugged in via a j5create dock. The night light feature will only work on the monitor that is plugged directly into the laptop....
  10. Night light not working on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light not working on monitor: I have an Acer laptop plugged into an LG monitor with an HDMI cable. At night, I like to enable the night mode since it's easier on the eyes. Unfortunately, whenever I want to enable night light, I have to open the lid of the laptop and then close it again. Sometimes I have...