Windows 10: Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine.

Discus and support Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 Dell monitors setup as Dual monitors for an ASUS Ultrabook notebook. I was working and actually looking at the one Dell monitor when it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CMEngen, Jan 29, 2019.

1. CMEngen Win User

Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine.

I have 2 Dell monitors setup as Dual monitors for an ASUS Ultrabook notebook. I was working and actually looking at the one Dell monitor when it just blacked out. I turned it on and off and it did not comeback. I reattached all connections and that did not help. What is strange is I can see the mouse move on that monitor as I move it around. So I could not be dead. Any suggestions please?

:)

CMEngen, Jan 29, 2019

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 29, 2019
  3. dual monitors

Hi Edward,

There are things to consider should you experience this type of issue while using an extended monitor display. We suggest that you
    update your display driver. If you are using a dedicated graphics card, we recommend checking for any driver updates on their website.

You can also enable Display pointer trails to check if your mouse pointer is present on the extended display. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    • Switch the Control Panel view to Small categories.
    • Click on Mouse then select the Pointer Options tab.
    • Check the tick-box next to Display pointer trails.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 29, 2019
  4. PeterCram Win User

Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine.

Dual monitors not working

Dear Sir/Madam

I updated my HP Spectre to Windows 10 without too much trouble.

I run dual monitors off of my laptop using a Targus Display Link Docking Station.

On ~ December 5th, 2015 Windows 10 installed some sort of upgrade.

Ever since then I have been unable to get my dual monitors to work.

The docking station connections for mouse and keyboard seem to work fine. Likewise, my laptop still recognizes my Epson printer and back-up hard drive.

However the dual monitors (one HP another acer) initially recognize my laptop, then quickly shut off.

Any suggestions? Clearly seems related to the recent upgrade.

Thanks

PeterCram, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor went

2. My mouse not working on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse not working on dual monitors: Split from this thread. This seems to have been going on for a while. I can't say that I noticed it when I first upgraded to Windows 11. It may or may not have been present. It may have been caused by an early update. The problem is persistent to the extent that if I can't...
  3. My mouse not working on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse not working on dual monitors: Split from this thread. This seems to have been going on for a while. I can't say that I noticed it when I first upgraded to Windows 11. It may or may not have been present. It may have been caused by an early update. The problem is persistent to the extent that if I can't...
  4. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  5. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  6. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't cross the mouse pointer to other display monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't cross the mouse pointer to other display monitor.: My Display Settings are on Extend. Both monitors with the same resolution 1920x1080. My PC was working perfectly, but one day I turned on the computer and the mouse is stuck on the main monitor, I can't switch to the extended monitor.I already tried to change the main monitor...
  8. Monitors went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors went black: When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc and everything connected to the pc, just the display wont show on my monitors. I tried switching the display cords from the...
  9. Mouse pointer different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer different on dual monitors: Windows 10 with dual monitors in extended mode. Working fine until recently. The mouse pointer on the left display works fine, basic arrow pointer. When you move the mouse to the display on the right, the mouse pointer changes to the "blue circle" busy pointer which makes it...
  10. Monitor was working fine then went blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor was working fine then went blank: Monitor will turns off after short period and will not come back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-was-working-fine-then-went-blank/67de0558-ef7a-449f-a893-8fb5b2151c17