Windows 10: dual monitor while connecting remotely

Discus and support dual monitor while connecting remotely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am able to use dual monitors. However, while using only laptop without the 2nd monitor hooked up I am able to remote into my workstation and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BOBBIE JOLOPRESTI, Apr 11, 2020.

1. dual monitor while connecting remotely

I am able to use dual monitors.

However, while using only laptop without the 2nd monitor hooked up I am able to remote into my workstation and the screen appears as if I where sitting in the office. When I connect the 2nd monitor the bottom tool bar reverts back to my personal icons. Also the calibration is off I can not click directly on the item I am looking for I have to click off the side. how do I correct this

:)

BOBBIE JOLOPRESTI, Apr 11, 2020
  2. jcmcbt Win User

remote access dual monitors

Using windows 10 at home, remote access to windows 7. Want to utilize dual monitors at home (use dual at work) unable to select Use all monitors in options on display tab with remote desktop (grey). Is this a way to utilize my dual monitors at home using
    remote desktop?

ty.

jcmcbt, Apr 11, 2020
  3. jcmcbt Win User
    remote access dual monitors

Using Windows 10 at home, Remote access into work computer (windows 7). Would like to utilize dual monitors at home, however under display the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" not available (grey). Is the away to utilze dual monitors while
    using remote access.

jcmcbt, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

dual monitor while connecting remotely

Window 10 Remote connection, accessing computer with dual monitors

Hi NealMcGuire,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you want to remote access your home computer with dual monitors from laptop.

In-order to view both the monitors of your home computer from laptop you need to check the box
    “Use all my monitors for the remote session” under “Display” tab like below.

dual monitor while connecting remotely f25f656e-0461-4315-8b1e-b017cd9f01da?upload=true.png

However, I would suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet
    , where you will be able to find support from professionals and members who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues and configurations with respect to the Remote Desktop connection to assist you with your query.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

dual monitor while connecting remotely

1. dual monitor while connecting remotely - Similar Threads - dual monitor while

2. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  3. Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off": I am trying to use a new window's 10 computer to work remotely with dual monitors. On other computers, I am able to turn off the both screens physically, pressing the power buttons on the screens and be able to remote into the computer and work with dual monitor...
  4. unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely: Hello- I have set up dual monitors to extend with my laptop and another monitor. This works perfectly until I sign into work remotely- than I am not able to extend the remote session over the two monitors??? I have windows 10 home and my work uses window 10 pro-- does...
  5. Help connecting dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help connecting dual monitors: Really hoping someone can help me here please. My set up: - Laptop: Lenovo L380 with ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen2 - Monitors: Two HP P241v - One monitor wired HDMI. The other by a DisplayPort/HDMI cable (because I only have one HDMI port on my dock) Problem 1: the monitor...
  6. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  7. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  8. connecting dual monitors to laptop

connecting dual monitors to laptop: Hello, i have been doing a lot of research trying to find an answer on how to connect more monitors to a laptop with only one hdmi port. i was hoping to just grab a usb3 to hdmi and connect the second external monitor that way but it doesnt seem to be picking up any signal....
  9. Dual Monitors wont work while working remotely

Dual Monitors wont work while working remotely: My dual monitors will work on my own personal desktop. however, when I log in to work remotely for my job on their platform, the dual monitor capability doesn't work...
  10. Window 10 Remote connection, accessing computer with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Remote connection, accessing computer with dual monitors: I am accessing my home computer with my laptop. My home computer has 2 monitors, my laptop has a single screen. How can I see both of my homes screens on my laptop. Is it possible to switch between the 2 monitors (the right and left on my home computer)?...