Windows 10: Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

Discus and support Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have recently purchased 2 monitors with different Specs as below. I am having issues getting the monitor settings to be the same. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan Mc14, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Ryan Mc14 Win User

Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

Hi Team,

I have recently purchased 2 monitors with different Specs as below. I am having issues getting the monitor settings to be the same. Both Monitors are set at 100% scaling yet Monitor 1 appears to be zoomed less than monitor 2. I want both monitors to look alike as much as possible understanding that with differing monitors it may be slightly different. Overall Text, applications, etc are all much larger in scale on Monitor 2.

Monitor A appearance is the desired less zoomed view I am looking for.

Monitor 1: 2560 X 1140 @ 144Hz

Monitor 2: 1920 X 1080 @ 165 Hz

Monitor A Screen Shot

Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different [​IMG]

Monitor B Screen Shot

Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different 5bf04ec1-ff33-47ad-aa02-432fe75f82f2?upload=true.png

:)

Ryan Mc14, Dec 31, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

1. Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Settings

2. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  3. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  4. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  5. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  6. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  7. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  8. Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors: I can not set different backgrounds when I am using dual monitors. Can you help me to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-set-different-backgrounds-for-dual/f0fdf5dc-5b8c-4c27-9e01-4e49bec6a301
  9. Different Window scaling with dual monitors

Different Window scaling with dual monitors: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex PC with primary monitor a Lenovo 24" 1920x1080. When I connect to my Samsung 55" 4K LED TV as a second Extended monitor, also @1920x1080 resolution, the wallpaper and icons scale perfectly. i.e. the 1920x1080 photo exactly fills...
  10. Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: Hi All, If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way: Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows [img] Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select...