Windows 10: Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

Discus and support Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've had this problem with an HP laptop and dock, and a Lenovo laptop with J5Create hub. If waking or booting, I always have to dis/re-connect the HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bopper, Oct 31, 2022.

1. bopper Win User

Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

I've had this problem with an HP laptop and dock, and a Lenovo laptop with J5Create hub. If waking or booting, I always have to dis/re-connect the HDMI for one or both monitors to get them to wake up (sometimes multiple times). Sometimes I have to dis/re-connect the hub to get it to wake up (sometimes multiple times). When the monitor(s) are not waking, the wallpaper is adjusted like there is no external monitor(s), so it seems to be a problem on the laptop side.

Certainly there's a tread...

Read more

bopper, Oct 31, 2022
  2. AmandaBP Win User

Dual Monitors hooked to a laptop

I've got a Windows 10 laptop which is convertible to a tablet. Specifically, you can turn the screen around and lay it down for note taking in class. What I'm trying to do is hook the laptop to a dual monitor setup. Every time my computer is put into the
    tablet mode it will not put an image out onto my dual monitors, then I have to reconfigure the display settings. I just want to know how to have it automatically detect my dual monitors being plugged in and to display the image on the monitors whether the
    lid is open, closed, or in tablet mode.

AmandaBP, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

To further troubleshoot the dual monitor issue, we suggest that you try the following workaround:

• Check the cable connection of your monitor. Try to test if the issue will still persist after using a different cable.
    • Change the Turn off the display time in the
      Power Options. We suggest selecting a longer timeframe from the drop-down menu and check if you will still encounter the issue.
    • If you are using a USB mouse and keyboard, you can also change its settings and see if it helps. To get started, open the
      Device Manager > locate the mouse/keyboard
      then click it to expand > right-click mouse/keyboard
      and click Properties > Select Power Management
      tab > add a check mark on Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Once you have tried all of these, let us know the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 31, 2022
  4. Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

Hi Doug,

We'd like to ask for additional information about your concern to help us provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you been experiencing this issue since you started using dual monitors?
    • Have you tried to test the second monitor on a different computer to verify if it shows the same behavior?
    • May we know how you've set up the Power Options?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

1. Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically - Similar Threads - Dual monitor laptop

2. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  3. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dual monitors don't wake correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors don't wake correctly: Every time I wake my computer, my monitors will go back and forth displaying the login screen. This lasts for maybe 10 seconds. Also, my opened windows all get moved to my main monitor. Is this intended behavior? My secondary monitor is oriented vertically and plugged into my...
  8. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  9. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  10. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...