Windows 10: Dual Monitor

Discus and support Dual Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I make open applications stay on the screen I want?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kerrie Cortez, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Dual Monitor

Can I make open applications stay on the screen I want?

:)

Kerrie Cortez, Oct 1, 2020

2. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Dual Monitor

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor

1. Dual Monitor - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor

2. Dual Monitors with the same wallpaper during rotation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors with the same wallpaper during rotation?: So I have Dual-Monitors and I started a folder of Wallpapers and I selected it. It only changed the left monitor wallpaper and the right side was still the old wallpaper. I had to right click and select next desktop wallpaper for it to change. However, what I ideally want is...
  3. Dual Monitor Issues

Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  4. Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor

Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor: Hi, I have the exact same problem as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-problem-browser-windows-showing-up-to/239833c3-66a5-43ce-825d-c19882168f81, which did not get answered successfully. I have two monitors, one above the...
  5. Dual Monitor glitches

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor glitches: Hey guys, so recently I explored with using 2 monitors, and it went great for the past 4 days before I experienced some minor difficulties. 1.) When opening another tab from my first display, my first display goes black until I go back into it, or it leaves whatever game I’m...
  6. When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors?: I have seen several reports going back to 2016 when the right-click menu for Sticky Notes appears on the wrong monitor. For me, this occurs when the the sticky notes are on my right monitor AND on the left 2/3s of the screen. When I right-click on a note, the "Undo, Cut,...
  7. Dual monitors

Dual monitors: how do i play youtube on display 2 while i am using display 1 on another app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/3a8a2a9c-87b3-4c62-93be-7b1639367cfb
  8. 1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?

1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?: Hi, I have a monitor setup where my primary monitor is 4k and my secondary is 1080. I use the 1080 for designing stuff that fits on 1080, but since I hooked up my 4k monitor the 1080 monitor is enlarged and I've already set the scaling in display settings to 100% for both...
  9. Help connecting dual monitors

Help connecting dual monitors: Really hoping someone can help me here please. My set up: - Laptop: Lenovo L380 with ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen2 - Monitors: Two HP P241v - One monitor wired HDMI. The other by a DisplayPort/HDMI cable (because I only have one HDMI port on my dock) Problem 1: the monitor...
  10. My screen is switching without a dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is switching without a dual monitor: For some reason, my single monitor switches screens constantly. I don't even have dual monitor on. It always makes another screen from the right come in, so I can never go back and play something, or d o what I was doing. The sounds still appear in the background, and I have...