Windows 10: Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

Discus and support Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/MotorBoats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hberh1/dual_monitors_all_appswindows_move_to_primary/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MotorBoats, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

/u/MotorBoats, Jun 18, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Jam Long Win User
    Screen saver displaying on dual monitors

Windows 10. I have dual monitors but the (photo) screen saver is displaying only on the primary monitor. How to display on both?

Jam Long, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

How to make external monitor as primary monitor?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to make the external monitor connected to the laptop as a primary display and do not want to mirror the laptop display.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + P, and select
      Extend.
    2. Now, press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    3. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    4. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on Identify to
      Identify the displays.
    5. Click on the display number that is for external monitor.
    6. Scroll down, and click on the checkbox for
      Make this my main display.

Refer the screenshots below:

Identify and select Display:

Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for... 011e4133-69c0-4702-8fd5-668b7efa16bb?upload=true.png

Select Primary display:

Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for... 2aee1086-e3a9-454e-96b5-5fc599d2efbc?upload=true.png

For additional information, see
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

1. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for... - Similar Threads - Dual monitors apps

2. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  3. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  4. Dual monitors setup - items on second monitor move to first monitor when they turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors setup - items on second monitor move to first monitor when they turn off: Hello,I have a dual monitor setup 2k 144hz and the following problem:Windows 10 Pro is set to turn them off after 10 mins of inactivity; whenever it does this, whatever I had on the second monitor browser windows, apps etc. gets moved to the first screen, so when I come back...
  5. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  6. Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule: Hi, I a windows 10 PC that auto logs in with an account and displays two applications on two separate Displays. Dell 3040 sff windows 10 pro 1903 two display to HDMI cables running to TVs. my issue is that when the displays turn off and then back on. the applications are...
  7. Open apps move to secondary monitor when displays are turned off

Open apps move to secondary monitor when displays are turned off: Whenever I turn off my monitors, all open apps move from monitor 2 (my primary display) to monitor 3. This only happens when the computer is NOT sleeping during the time the monitors were turned off. Does anyone have a solution to this or at least a way to quickly bring...
  8. Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...

Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...: I have a dual monitor setup and I use an application (ninjatrader) that includes multiple windows. If I position all the windows where I want them (i.e. so that they're all visible in the right places, non are overlapping etc.), but then power down the monitors at night so...
  9. Windows 10 moves open apps when monitor is turned off

Windows 10 moves open apps when monitor is turned off: Every time I turn of my monitor for a while but leave my pc on to complete a task the position of the open apps are changed when I turn the monitor back on. From the research I have done this seems to be due to Windows 10's monitor auto detect for multiple monitor systems. I...
  10. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...