Windows 10: Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

Discus and support Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004. I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by charliejj, Oct 25, 2020.

1. charliejj Win User

Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004.

I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC is first started. If the pc goes into sleep sometimes only one monitor wakes again. It is not consistent which one will wake, but I would like both to awake. The only way I have found to get them both to work again is to restart the whole machine. This sometimes results in the loss of information if I had things open when it went to sleep.

Both monitors have their sleep settings set to off.

Thanks

:)

charliejj, Oct 25, 2020
  2. AnnKing70 Win User

Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

Have been using dual display (Dual Smart Solution) for more than two years on Windows 10. Starting around 10 days ago, my major monitor (Monitor-1) would not wake up from sleep. It just blinks when I push the on button. When I unplug Monitor-1, Monitor-2
    would wake up and once I sign in there, Monitor-1 would wake up as I plug it in again. But now that does not even work so I can only work with Monitor-2. Please help, thanks.

AnnKing70, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Problem with dual monitors waking from sleep mode.

try this first. few things can cause this. but go to display settings, select monitor #1 and change resolution to 1280x720, go up and APPLY

select monitor #2 and set resolution to 1280x720 and Apply on it too, restart pc

log on and let it sleep and wait 5 minutes and wake and see what happens. you may have to go into safe mode to fix it.

seahawks65, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

1. Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps - Similar Threads - Dual monitors wakes

2. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  3. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1

Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1: When trying to install my dual monitors and set them up, my kitten walked across the keyboard and pressed the enter key and entered on the Post to only 1 which now only allows all information to show up on only 1 screen . Both screens are the same. I have tried every way...
  8. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  9. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  10. Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.: Have been using dual display (Dual Smart Solution) for more than two years on Windows 10. Starting around 10 days ago, my major monitor (Monitor-1) would not wake up from sleep. It just blinks when I push the on button. When I unplug Monitor-1, Monitor-2 would wake up and...