Windows 10: dual monitors causing issues with each other

Discus and support dual monitors causing issues with each other in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though. i just recently installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by atrahassis, Dec 2, 2016.

1. dual monitors causing issues with each other

so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though.

i just recently installed windows 10 on a brand new SSD without any previous OS installed. i also just bought a new shiny 4K TV but am still using my Acer s230hl. i use the 4k tv for gaming and the acer monitor for browsing and chat and temp reads. since upgrading to windows 10 anytime i change source away from my PC to say my PS4 my computer will set my secondary monitor as the primary monitor. easy enough fix i just need to change primary back right? well this is where things hit the fan. if i switch back to my PC everything proceeds to freak out. i lose my taskbar entirely and resort to keyboard shortcuts and run commands to get places. ontop of that my resolution gets set from 4k to 1024p... further more my tv now gets locked at 30hz and will not go any higher despite it being a 60hz TV and previously going 60hz. even more so windows is now trying to set my 4k tv into 3d mode.... and i have incredible amounts of latency and imput lag.

what is going on and how in the world do i even begin to fix this

:)

atrahassis, Dec 2, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

2nd monitor not loading on start up - Please help!

Hi Alex,

This might be an issue with the dual monitor settings. To isolate the cause of the issue, try disconnecting the new monitor first and boot up the older one alone. See if it will boot up properly without being connected to another monitor. It can be possible
    as well that the issue is the connection itself. We'd like to know how you are connecting each monitor. Are you using a VGA or HDMI cable adapter?

We also suggest updating the drivers. Follow the steps provided by Harshavardhan Rathod in this
    thread on how to run the hardware troubleshooter and how to update drivers.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 2, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

dual monitors causing issues with each other

You didn't mention the make and model# of your video card. Have you installed the latest driver?

spunk, Dec 2, 2016
  5. oh yes my bad my GPU is a R9 390 nitro and my Crimson software is at 16.11 as it says is the latest

atrahassis, Dec 2, 2016
  6. all my drivers are updated. my refresh is still locked at 30hz and trying to display 3D still. restarting doesnt fix anything. been trying to figure out how to disable it from changing primary monitors and locking my hz for a few hours now to no avail

atrahassis, Dec 2, 2016
  7. reinstalled graphics drivers, changed nothing still stuck
    changed HMDI ports didnt fix the issue either.
    restarted the machine with nothing connected to it turned off both screens then plugged only my main display in and its still stuck at 30hz.
    noticed when i go into adapter settings for my main display its reading "generic PnP monitor" instead of the WD50UC4300 not sure if thats anything important but took note of it anyway.
    tried uninstalling the monitor but well as i thought that did nothing haha.

atrahassis, Dec 3, 2016
  8. dual monitors causing issues with each other

dual monitors causing issues with each other [​IMG]

grabbed a SS of DxDiag if this can help in any capacity

atrahassis, Dec 3, 2016
  9. well i solved it myself and it turns out it was the TV
    after going through literally everything in my computer i decided to start inspecting my TV started sitting here listening to music while reading the user manual after trying all 3 hdmi ports and turns out HDMI-EDID is a douche.
    had to go into system setting for my TV and change it to EDID mode 2 and restart my TV.
    finally off 3D and back to glorious 4k@60hz

atrahassis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

dual monitors causing issues with each other

1. dual monitors causing issues with each other - Similar Threads - dual monitors causing

2. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  3. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  4. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  5. Dual Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  6. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  7. Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.: Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. Each display works independently of the other - there is not option for this in display settings - multiple displays. It was set up this way before a vacation, so I know its possible! Thanks :)...
  8. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  9. Dual monitors causes crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors causes crash: Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970). When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to wake them up (they are stuck in sleep mode and looking for signal). If I turn of either one of them 10166 (and all builds I...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...