Windows 10: Dual monitors cycling on and off

Discus and support Dual monitors cycling on and off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my monitors. I am running a HP 8560W laptop hooked up to a docking station that has dual video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ericthepoolboy, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Dual monitors cycling on and off

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my monitors. I am running a HP 8560W laptop hooked up to a docking station that has dual video outputs. I had dual AOC monitors hooked up with DVI cables before and they worked just fine. I upgraded to dual HP 27ea monitors hooked up with a dvi to HDMI cable and they keep cycling on and off when they are both turned on. Windows recognizes both monitors and if I only power one on, it doesn't cycle on/off. But as soon as I turn the other one on, they both cycle on/off. It doesn't seem like they are disconnecting from the computer, but instead just turning on and off. Almost like on is causing interference to the other one.

I just don't understand whats going on. I have ordered display port to HDMI cable to see if that might be the problem but I don't think it is.

:)

ericthepoolboy, Mar 8, 2017

2. Latest update

After the latest update my Lenovo A530 all in one is stuck in 100% brightness and the adjustment control keeps cycling. The buttons under the monitor keep coming on and off and the on screen indicator keeps cycling along with the buttons. I can get the
    on screen indicator to go off by disabling the generic Pnp Monitor driver. Then I have no control of my display. All drivers are showing up to date: graphics and Monitor.

VoytekDolinski, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Dual Monitors randomly turning off then on

The Graphics card is internal. So, if it makes the noise you are saying, does that mean is the the Graphics card? And if it is the Graphics card, the only fix would be a motherboard replacement right? Unless i want to install an aftermarket graphics card.

VernonButler, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Dual monitors cycling on and off

It may be more resolution than it supports. Are they higher resolution than the AOC monitors?

Dude, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Nope, same. made sure the settings were right. I'm just pounding my head since I spent so much money on the new monitors..........

I've completely uninstalled all display drivers and re installed, still same thing.

6. Hmmm..... it seems to work fine with one on a DVI out and the other on VGA.

7. Dude Win User
    Does it have a Displayport you can use? Glad it is working now!

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual monitors cycling on and off

1. Dual monitors cycling on and off - Similar Threads - Dual monitors cycling

2. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  3. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 cycles on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 cycles on and off: After powering down it will cycle on and and off. the cpu fan, case fan and power button all come on for about 1 second. It happens every 11 minutes. I replace the power supply, ram and reseated the graphics card, removed the cmos battery. still does it. If I put it in sleep...
  6. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  7. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  8. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f
  9. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  10. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...