Windows 10: Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Discus and support Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by inphoenix, Nov 5, 2019.

1. inphoenix Win User

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418
    Monitor1 is a Samsung
    Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV

When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control.
    I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful.
    Newbie, here. Please forgive me.
    Thank you for any advice.
    PS: How to change my avatar, please. I've checked my profile and cannot find an option.

:)

inphoenix, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Erratic mouse movements

Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I have tried disabling One Drive thinking it was a conflict of CPU time but that doesn't help. A different mmouse exhibits same problem, New batteries don't help. Googling for answers finds plenty of references to the issue (mostly dating back 2 - 3 years) but no solution.
    Any current views on the issue?

Sigurd, Nov 5, 2019
  3. JGT
    jgt Win User
    mouse 3500 erratic movement

Since installing windows 10 (I have the latest version of windows installed, v1703, build 15063.483 x64) I've had mouse issues with every mouse I've attempted to use. I just installed a new Microsoft 3500 mouse and it seems to have all the functions it
    should but the movement is often very erratic. Also I find the mouse to be uncomfortable after using it for and hour or so. I'm starting to use SketchUp for woodworking and find it difficult to use the 3500 mouse because it is so erratic. Often when I move
    the mouse the cursor will not move when I move the mouse and then it will jump to a new position.

4. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

1. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement - Similar Threads - Dual monitors erratic

2. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  3. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  4. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  5. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  6. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  7. Dual Monitor movement of app windows :@

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor movement of app windows :@: I wasn't sure where to post this, so i thought i'd try the graphics cards. I have a 3440x1440 monitor i use for games, my 2nd monitor is at 1080 resolution. When i play 3440x1440 resolution games, the 2nd monitor is fine, all the windows i have open on it stay in place. The...
  8. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  9. Mouse movement between monitors

Mouse movement between monitors: I had two monitors and recently upgraded one of them to a 32" one. Before the change my mouse moved left to get to the left monitor and right to go back to the right one, no problem. All I did was turn off the computer, unplug the VGA cable for the old one and plug in the new...
  10. Erratic mouse movements

Erratic mouse movements: Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitors mouse erratic