Windows 10: Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.

Discus and support Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. In settings, when I set the monitor to Monitor 1 (Samsung),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David P. Vancouver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.

I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. In settings, when I set the monitor to Monitor 1 (Samsung), the display is fine. When I set the monitor to Monitor 2 (Lenovo), the display is fine. When I set displays to Extend, both displays are fine. But when I set displays to Duplicate, both displays are distorted. The desktop, windows, text, icons, etc are stretched, with more horizontal stretch than vertical stretch, and the system is unusable.

It is now Monday July 29; duplicate displays was working perfectly just last Thursday, July 25, 2019.

How can I get "duplicate displays" to behave?

:)

David P. Vancouver, Jul 29, 2019
  2. TomEPike Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitors Extended

Hi Julia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check with the article created by Karthick Vengaloor
    and see if it helps.

Windows 8.1 Extend dual monitor and resolution issue after update

And for a work around please go through the below article for further information.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I hope the information helps. If not, reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 29, 2019
  4. CharlesWX Win User

Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.

Dual monitor , extending

Just hooked up a second monitor using a split vga cable but cannot extend can someone help. It's only duplicating

CharlesWX, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.

1. Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not. - Similar Threads - Dual monitors extend

2. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  3. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  4. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  5. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  6. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender

Connecting Dual Mode Monitor As A Extender: Hi I Am Mangal Ram And I Uses Windows 10 I Wanted To Extend My Screen 1. can I Extend My Screen With VGA Y Splitter * I Wanted To Extend My Screen not to Duplicate My Screen2. Or If you have other method to do it * I Have One VGA port And No HDMI port can you tell me how to...
  8. HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended: I have 2 displays, one with HDR support and one without it. When I set them as extended displays on windows, I can turn on HDR for the display supporting it, but if i choose to duplicate the displays, I can't do it and when I enter windows HD color settings, it now says...
  9. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them and revert back to PC screen only when the window closes, making it impossible to use an...
  10. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them. I am using an external monitor Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro with an HDMI connection. My computer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dual monitor duplicating but not extending

2. second monitor duplicating not extending

3. duel monitor extending but not duplicating

4. 3rd monitor will extend but not duplicate,
  5. dual monitor duplicating but not extending windows 10