Windows 10: Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.

Discus and support Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. Each display works independently of the other - there is not option for this in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KimMartin5, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.

Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. Each display works independently of the other - there is not option for this in display settings - multiple displays.

It was set up this way before a vacation, so I know its possible! Thanks Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. :)

:)

KimMartin5, Jul 2, 2019

2. Dual monitors will mirror won't extend!

Have a new HP slim desktop. Want to run dual monitors. Both are hooked up and will mirror. Will not detect the second monitor to be able to extend.

GregMarshall123, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitors Extended

Hi Julia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check with the article created by Karthick Vengaloor
    and see if it helps.

Windows 8.1 Extend dual monitor and resolution issue after update

And for a work around please go through the below article for further information.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I hope the information helps. If not, reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend.

1. Dual monitors - I do not want them to mirror each other or extend. - Similar Threads - Dual monitors mirror

2. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both monitors are mirroring each other.: I have 2 monitors, they both worked until I had to take my computer to the shop. Once I got it back, I plugged everything back in, but now the 2nd monitor just mirrors the 1st monitor. Windows does not recognize the 2nd monitor. Windows 10 only recognizes 1 monitor at a time,...
  3. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both monitors are mirroring each other.: I have 2 monitors, they both worked until I had to take my computer to the shop. Once I got it back, I plugged everything back in, but now the 2nd monitor just mirrors the 1st monitor. Windows does not recognize the 2nd monitor. Windows 10 only recognizes 1 monitor at a time,...
  4. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  6. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  7. Extended monitors keep reverting to mirroring each other.

Extended monitors keep reverting to mirroring each other.: I have 3 monitors. 1Laptop lenovo t490 windows 102 & 3 Dell P1914SI was able to initially set up extended monitors A-B-CWhen I restarted my laptop the two dell screens extend from the laptop, but now mirror each other. A-B-BMy laptop no longer recognises that there are 3...
  8. Extended monitors keep reverting to mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended monitors keep reverting to mirroring each other.: I have 3 monitors. 1Laptop lenovo t490 windows 102 & 3 Dell P1914SI was able to initially set up extended monitors A-B-CWhen I restarted my laptop the two dell screens extend from the laptop, but now mirror each other. A-B-BMy laptop no longer recognises that there are 3...
  9. Extended monitors keep reverting to mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. dual monitors causing issues with each other

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dual monitors causing issues with each other: so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though. i just recently installed windows 10 on a brand new SSD without any previous OS installed. i also just bought a new shiny 4K TV but am still using my Acer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitors but not mirror each other