Windows 10: Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

Discus and support Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by riley1232, May 14, 2017.

1. riley1232 Win User

Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties after connecting the monitor. It seems to have set the custom resolution, however the laptop display still is blurry and does not look like it does when the external monitor is disconnected. Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I do not care if the external monitor is distorted, I just need the full resolution on the laptop.

:)

riley1232, May 14, 2017
  2. MDSHO Win User

Remote Desktop Issue - Win 10 Pro

I have a server PC with Windows Server 2008 R2 with Dual Monitors. A SCADA application is running on the Server on both monitors. I remotely log to the server using Win 10 Pro PC with dual monitor enable. Dual monitor is working fine. But SCADA both windows
    open in Monitor 01 only. When i start the SCADA app from remote PC it works fine to remote session, but not to real server.

PS. All monitors are in same resolution 1920 x 1080.

MDSHO, May 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 created hidden desktop? Apps running but not displayed

I'm having the same problem but am not running a dual monitor.

The programs open but do not display on the desktop. I had to play with display resolution to get some items to show.

RaechelGump, May 14, 2017
  4. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I do believe it defaults to the monitor with the lowest resolution and duplicates that on the other monitor. Run in extend mode and it won't be an issue. Or run monitors that have the same resolution. I don't have any other solution, sorry.

alphanumeric, May 15, 2017
  5. Then why are you duplicating the monitor? If you don't care about the external monitor's resolution, I really don't understand why you're using it.

Julesrowland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

1. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors Keeping

2. YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors: I'm using Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - G2724D for my dual monitor set-up. I'm using Displayport Cable 2.1 to connect to a docking station for the YOGA laptop. The external monitor's max resolution is 2560 x 1440. The issue is that external monitor 1 displays 2560 x 1440 and...
  3. YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors: I'm using Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - G2724D for my dual monitor set-up. I'm using Displayport Cable 2.1 to connect to a docking station for the YOGA laptop. The external monitor's max resolution is 2560 x 1440. The issue is that external monitor 1 displays 2560 x 1440 and...
  4. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  5. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  6. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  7. Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Resolution Issue: I have dual monitors but my second monitor will not change resolutions; it only has one mode and that is 800 x 600. Any suggestions? I have a Windows 10. Thank you!...
  8. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  9. Dual Monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor resolution: I just bought 2 new monitors and hooked up to my laptop. I am having an issue with not being able to set them up for the same resolution. They have different recommended display resolutions and the one monitor doesn't have the option for the better option. What can i do to...
  10. Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors: Hello, I’m having exact same issue as the one linked below with the same monitor model. Each monitor works fine alone at highest resolution regardless of hdmi or displayport connection. It’s when I set up dual monitor with extend display that problem emerges. 2nd monitor...