Windows 10: Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

Discus and support Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using an LG and a Samsung TV as both of my monitors and after installing Nvidia drivers from the website and installing GeForce Experience for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Not-Cynical, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

I'm using an LG and a Samsung TV as both of my monitors and after installing Nvidia drivers from the website and installing GeForce Experience for recording my monitors all of a sudden don't wanna turn on after a nights sleep. All I get on my TV and my main LG monitor are just two dimly lit black screens and I'm forced to shut down and boot back up. I'm using Ultimate Performance on my power options if that helps at all. I am also using a 1660 Super for my main monitor and a 960 for my other monitor.

submitted by /u/Not-Cynical
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Not-Cynical, Dec 28, 2020

2. Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

Hi Doug,

We'd like to ask for additional information about your concern to help us provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you been experiencing this issue since you started using dual monitors?
    • Have you tried to test the second monitor on a different computer to verify if it shows the same behavior?
    • May we know how you've set up the Power Options?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

1. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight? - Similar Threads - Dual monitors turning

2. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  3. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  4. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  5. Monitor not turning on after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  6. Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep: Hi all, Are there any native win10 or 3rd party app that allows me to turn off/ put one of the monitor to sleep without using the power on/off switch? Reason being I'm only using the 2nd monitor for certain portrait layout tasks, majority of the time it's just distraction...
  7. Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep: Hi all, Are there any native win10 or 3rd party app that allows me to turn off/ put one of the monitor to sleep without using the power on/off switch? Reason being I'm only using the 2nd monitor for certain portrait layout tasks, majority of the time it's just distraction...
  8. Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps: I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004. I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC is first started. If the pc goes into sleep sometimes only one monitor wakes again. It is not consistent which one will wake,...
  9. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  10. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...