Windows 10: Dual monitors on Windows 10

Discus and support Dual monitors on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did this but they both show the same screen.*Wink The main screen is HDI and the other is DVI... Is there a solution for this. I want to put 3 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gina France, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Dual monitors on Windows 10

I did this but they both show the same screen.*Wink The main screen is HDI and the other is DVI... Is there a solution for this.
    I want to put 3 on here.

I want it to show different screens.*Eek

:)

Gina France, Feb 4, 2015

2. Extending vidio from windows 10

Press Windows key + P

The click the Extend menu to setup dual monitor configuration.

Windows 10 Tip: Configure a Dual Monitor Setup - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto-windows-10-dua...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2015
  3. windows to tv

Windows cannot be installed on your TV, but you could connect it as a second monitor or primary monitor. See how to setup a dual display configuration:

Windows 10 Tip: Configure a Dual Monitor Setup - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto-windows-10-dua...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Dual monitors on Windows 10

Hi Gina France,

Do you have it set for extend or duplicate?

-Chuck

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  5. Chuck38 Win User
    Well, then it should work. Are you saying it's duplicating instead of extending?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  6. They both show the same screen.

Gina France, Feb 4, 2015
  7. Chuck38 Win User
    So its duplicating. Correct?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  8. Dual monitors on Windows 10

IF it's a true duplicate, when you move the mouse, you will see the pointer moving on both screens; otherwise, you have the same wallpaper on both screens and they aren't duplicates.

Mark Phelps, Feb 4, 2015
  9. labeeman Win User
    On some video cards DVI and HDMI are output on the same connector as they are both digital. If you have a analog connector and one or both then you can have two screens. Also the same background will be on both screens.

labeeman, Feb 4, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    To have them show different backgrounds in extended mode, you have to enable desktop background slideshow.
    You'll still be able to mount different applications in each.

Edwin, Feb 4, 2015
  11. YEP lol

Gina France, Feb 4, 2015
  12. Chuck38 Win User
    Forgive me, but I'm kinda confused here.

Is it duplicating or is it extending like it should?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  13. Dual monitors on Windows 10

Nothing to be confused about. I hooked an extra monitor to a gaming machine. They both have WP10 on them. I have no issues with that. But everything I do with one monitor. The same thing happens to the extra monitor.

Gina France, Feb 4, 2015
  14. Chuck38 Win User
    Okay! So it's duplicating when it should be extending. Correct?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  15. Chuck38 Win User
    Have you tried using different cables to connect them?

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

Dual monitors on Windows 10

1. Dual monitors on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual monitors

2. Dual Monitor not working anymore after installing windows 11 - KB5036980 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor not working anymore after installing windows 11 - KB5036980 update?: My dual monitor stopped working after I installed KB5036980 update on my windows 11 machine. My machine is Surface laptop studio and I am using Microsoft Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock. I tried to uninstall the update but the problem remains the same....
  3. Dual Monitor not working anymore after installing windows 11 - KB5036980 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor not working anymore after installing windows 11 - KB5036980 update?: My dual monitor stopped working after I installed KB5036980 update on my windows 11 machine. My machine is Surface laptop studio and I am using Microsoft Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock. I tried to uninstall the update but the problem remains the same....
  4. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  5. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  6. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  8. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  9. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...
  10. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...