Windows 10: Dual monitors problem

Discus and support Dual monitors problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have samsung 27 monitor 2560x1440 144hz (connected via hdmi -> hdmi cable) and recently found my very old samsung tv 1680x1050 60hz.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8up888, Nov 15, 2020.

1. /u/8up888 Win User

Dual monitors problem

Hello everyone,

I have samsung 27 monitor 2560x1440 144hz (connected via hdmi -> hdmi cable) and recently found my very old samsung tv 1680x1050 60hz. Bought adapter cable for it and connecected it via display port -> VGA as second monitor. Everything seems to be working perfectly except in any game. Then i connect TV via PC mode it always sets itself as primary display number 1. Ok that's no problem i set my second display as primary and everything is working ok except games. When i try to play any game it's either shows game credits (on monitor set as primary 27 samsung) and flickers to black screen (both monitors) and i have to restart pc (for example wrc 9) Or The game sometimes runs ok (for example dirt rally 2.0) but then i press esc during race or try changing game settings it either flickers to black screen (both monitors) or even restarts pc.

I think computer still somehow detects both monitors at the same time or old tv as primary in some situations.... Maybe gpu/pc tries to select display and then can't make decision (LOL ) and goes like mad (so many possibilities).

By the way my GPU is Geforce 2070 super.

Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/8up888
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8up888, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitors problem

1. Dual monitors problem - Similar Threads - Dual monitors problem

2. Dual Monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor problem: I’m running Windows 10, with a Dell computer. When starting the computer, the left monitor will come on faintly, flicker, and then go black. When the problem first started, reloading the video card using the key combination – Shift, Control, Windows Key and B would enable...
  3. Dual monitors problem

Dual monitors problem: Hello,I have purchased 2nd monitor for my laptop, running windows 11 pro.When I try to set different wallpaper according to every guide online, it doesn't allow me.Like I am going to Setting -> Personalization -> Background and when I right click on the picture that I want it...
  4. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  5. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  6. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  7. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  8. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitor problem: im having a issue with my main monitor so when i unplug my second monitor my main one goes black and deont display nothing but when i plug it back in it works again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-problem/833b419c-af69-4401-8703-8c1f0c6b73e3
  9. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...
  10. Problems with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with dual monitors: So I was using a single 1050p monitor without any problem but then I bought and plugged another 1440p monitor and I noticed that the mouse sometimes getting stuck so I need to ctrl alt and del to log out and in again also the mouse cursor will scroll the page down by itself...