Windows 10: Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

Discus and support Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PovilasC, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks.

submitted by /u/PovilasC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PovilasC, Apr 22, 2020

2. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

1. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen - Similar Threads - Dual monitors put

2. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  3. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  4. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.: I just installed a new (used) GPU and now cannot move mouse to second screen. Titan X GTX 12GB card. Monitors same make and model. ( Worked fine on prior GPU ) Second monitor has taskbar but no desktop icons. If I open programs that previously had panes on each monitor they...
  5. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  6. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  7. Lock screen on dual monitors

Lock screen on dual monitors: I can't get my lock screen to show on both monitors. When it's locked only one shows the lock screen and the other is pitch black. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-on-dual-monitors/643c270b-f196-4122-bbef-371a14643489
  8. Dual Monitor Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Lock Screen: Is there a way to have both of my monitors turn on at the lock screen? Only one of them turns on and the other one sits at a black screen until I type in my password. submitted by /u/ARealTowel [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual Monitor Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Screen Lock: I have dual monitors set up that work fine; however, when I lock my screen then come back, everything I have open is piled up on the Primary monitor, and I have to move everything around again to where I had originally placed everything. It is time consuming and annoying. Is...
  10. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...