Windows 10: Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

Discus and support Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelSt. Hilaire, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440.

Both monitors go to sleep properly according to the power plan, but when I wake the computer back up with mouse/keyboard my second monitor will not wake up. I have to press a button on the monitor to wake it up, which becomes annoying when I have to do it multiple times a day.

I searched this problem extensively but haven't been able to find any resolution that works.

Anyone have ideas on how to troubleshoot/solve this?

:)

MichaelSt. Hilaire, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 13, 2019
  3. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

1. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors Second

2. Dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor to single monitor: New HP Envy Win 11 Computer. Single display, fine. Dual display, extended, fine with cursor going from screen to screen as normal. Main: Asus Hdmi 24" monitor. Added an AOC USB 15" USB 3 monitor. Using on a receptionist desk and she needs to see, converse with customers with...
  3. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  4. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  5. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  6. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  7. Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.

Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.: Out of nowhere, my second monitor acts like this. I'm not sure what causes this. Online I read it has to do with windows 10 sometimes, hence my post on this sub. I have already done the following: bought a new DisplayPort cable, changed cables (1st to 2nd monitor), updated...
  8. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...
  9. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  10. Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on: New PC build: 8700k, Z370 board, GTX 1080 Ti, Win 10 Home, all latest drivers and BIOS updates The monitor won't enter sleep mode and the screen saver won't come on either. Have tried resetting Power Options to default. Unplugged all USB devices. Does anyone have any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual screen wont come on

2. dual monitor wont come

3. dual monitor wont come on