Windows 10: Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

Discus and support Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running dual monitors (1440p main, 1080p secondary) and I want my taskbar positioned on my secondary monitor. After the computer wakes up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/foodfo, Jan 5, 2021.

1. /u/foodfo Win User

Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

I'm running dual monitors (1440p main, 1080p secondary) and I want my taskbar positioned on my secondary monitor. After the computer wakes up from sleeping the taskbar is always repositioned back to the primary monitor.

1) I will not reassign my 1440p main display to be the secondary monitor as all programs will launch on the low-res 1080p monitor and that is not desired

2) "Lock the Taskbar" only prevents users from accidentally moving the taskbar and as such does not stay "locked" when the computer is power cycled and it simply moves back to the main display

3) I will not turn on "auto-hide" the taskbar as this is not functionality I desire

Does anyone know of a way to get this functionality? This seems like basic stuff but Windows 10 doesn't seem to have the capability.

I'm using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker which is great; maybe there's another program that can actually lock the taskbar?

submitted by /u/foodfo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/foodfo, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Ajhmain Win User

The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, Jan 5, 2021
  3. comcom Win User
    Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home

There is a problem, when I open two or more excel .xlsx files and move them to secondary monitor, the excel taskbar button will not appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor. The excel taskbar button will only appear on the primary monitor.

If I only open one excel file, I can move the excel file to the secondary monitor and the excel taskbar button will appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor.

All other programs are work fine, the taskbar button will appear on the taskbar where the program window is displayed. Only Excel 2007 and a program called Password Agent has the problem, the program taskbar button will always appear only on the primary monitor, even if I drag the program to secondary monitor.

I am using Excel 2007, please help if there is any solution to make Excel taskbar button appear on the taskbar of the monitor that the opened Excel window is.

This is a screenshot of my taskbar properties:

Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake [​IMG]

Thanks

comcom, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

Locked taskbar moves back to primary monitor

As the subject says, I have my taskbar locked on my secondary monitor, however, about 7 out of every 10 times I reboot my PC, the taskbar moves back to my primary monitor, and still remains locked. I had this same set up and had no problems with it before,
    but it has popped up since I performed a clean install of Windows 10. After doing several searches, it appears this problem has existed for quite some time, but I haven't been able to find a solution for it - is there one?

Please DO NOT suggest to change my secondary monitor to the primary monitor as that is not an option, nor should I need to do that - if I lock a taskbar, it should stay locked....I shouldn't need to reconfigure my optimal setup for a workaround like that.

Thank you.

AngelaJanice, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

1. Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors Taskbar

2. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  3. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  4. Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?: I want to have my secondary monitor have my taskbar and all my shortcuts and my primary monitor be solely for display. Is there a way to only have the taskbar visible on a secondary monitor without setting that monitor as my primary monitor. I've tried setting the other...
  5. Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?

Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?: I want to have my secondary monitor have my taskbar and all my shortcuts and my primary monitor be solely for display. Is there a way to only have the taskbar visible on a secondary monitor without setting that monitor as my primary monitor. I've tried setting the other...
  6. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. How to move volume icon from primary monitor taskbar to secondary monitor taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move volume icon from primary monitor taskbar to secondary monitor taskbar?: move or duplicate, either works for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-volume-icon-from-primary-monitor/5e3cd760-5854-4fc5-995c-8eedbbb381a3
  9. Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors: I just added a second monitor to my setup. The second one has the taskbar disabled for simplicity. The taskbar on the main monitor is now extremely slow when right-clicking clicking an app and when pressing "close window" after right-clicking an app very often nothing happens...
  10. Taskbar and windows move to primary monitor upon wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and windows move to primary monitor upon wake from sleep: I have three Acer monitors, all at the same resolution. My middle monitor is designated as the primary monitor. My middle and left monitors are connected with DisplayPort and my right monitor is connected by DVI-D. All through a Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti I have my taskbar and many...