Windows 10: Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

Discus and support Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David P. Vancouver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I set the displays to Duplicate, both displays are bright. But when I set the displays to Extend, the Lenovo is unchanged, but the Samsung goes very dim.

It is now Monday July 29; All modes were working perfectly just last Thursday, July 25, 2019.

How can I get the Samsung TV to hold its brightness when using "Extend displays"?

:)

David P. Vancouver, Jul 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 29, 2019
  3. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

1. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim - Similar Threads - Dual monitors second

2. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display, running Windows 11.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I...
  3. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I switch to "Extend...
  4. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  5. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  6. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  8. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  9. Dim second monitor on login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dim second monitor on login: I am experiencing a bug where my second monitor is dim after logging in about half of the time. I believe this is a software issue because the cursor (and only the cursor) is at the correct brightness. Taking desktop screenshots also shows correct brightness in the image. I...
  10. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor very dim

2. 2nd monitor is dim

3. second monitor display very dim

4. second monitor dimmer,
  5. dual monitors are dim,
  6. i have dual screen pc but the other monitor is dim