Windows 10: dual monitors, when I'm on one screen, the other dims

Discus and support dual monitors, when I'm on one screen, the other dims in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Keyboard shortcut issue, as this has happened before when my toddler smacked my keyboard but long ago now and I don't remember how I fixed it. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronChval, Dec 8, 2020.

1. dual monitors, when I'm on one screen, the other dims

Keyboard shortcut issue, as this has happened before when my toddler smacked my keyboard but long ago now and I don't remember how I fixed it. When I am on a window on one monitor such as typing in this dialog box to enter this question, since my web browser is on one monitor the screen of the monitor I'm not currently on dims by about half. This is counter-productive for me, please help me fix it.

This has happened now on both windows 7 and windows 10.

:)

AaronChval, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

dual monitors, when I'm on one screen, the other dims

1. dual monitors, when I'm on one screen, the other dims - Similar Threads - dual monitors I'm

2. Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.: Hello,I accidentally turned on this feature in my settings and am unable to turn it back off: when I open a new tab or when I have two windows open, only the one I am currently interacting with is bright, whilst the other window as well as the surroundings are dimmed.I have...
  3. Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.: Hello,I accidentally turned on this feature in my settings and am unable to turn it back off: when I open a new tab or when I have two windows open, only the one I am currently interacting with is bright, whilst the other window as well as the surroundings are dimmed.I have...
  4. Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dimming of other tabs when I'm not using them.

6. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  7. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  8. Dual monitor issue: Full screen apps minimize when clicking on other monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: Full screen apps minimize when clicking on other monitor.: Hi wanted to know if this issue is now fixed because I am getting the same problems. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/418o4i/dual_monitor_issue_full_screen_apps_minimize_when/ submitted by /u/Miammiam100 [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...
  10. Dual screen: dim one but not the other?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual screen: dim one but not the other?: I have an 8" tablet I use when I teach. It is connected wirelessly via a Microsoft Display Adapter to a projector. Currently, both the tablet and the projector sleep after a few minutes. I then have to 'wake', login, re-connect to the projector, etc. Is there a way to have...