Windows 10: Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor

Discus and support Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I fear I won't describe my problem, but here goes: I have two monitors, my laptop screen and a 2nd monitor. When I watch Foxtel, it displays on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by doug4901, May 11, 2017.

1. doug4901 Win User

Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor

I fear I won't describe my problem, but here goes:

I have two monitors, my laptop screen and a 2nd monitor. When I watch Foxtel, it displays on the external monitor, accessed via HDMI 1 port. My laptop feeds into the external monitor via the Display Port.

My problem occurs when access my laptop, and programs seem to remember where they last displayed, and try to display to a non selected display.

An example. I am watching Foxtel via HDMI on the external screen. At the same time I am using my laptop to access, say, email. I fire up Chrome and it tries to display on the external monitor that happens to be displaying Foxtel. I can ALT Tab and see that my browser is on the external monitors.

Is there a way, on my laptop, to tell it to display all output to my laptop screen?

Regards,
    Doug

:)

doug4901, May 11, 2017
  2. JAMAJ79 Win User

Dual Monitor Issue on SP3 with Win 10

I have a Surface Pro 3 and I just upgraded to Win10.

I was running dual 4K monitors via HDMI and connected to the SP3 docking station via the two display ports. Last week when running Win8.1, I had 3 monitors, the two external 4K monitors and then SP3 screen.

Today, after upgrading to Win10. Only one external monitor shows up and the SP3 screen. I tested that both monitors are working properly, but when going into display settings on Win10. It doesn't even show the third monitor; second external one.

ANyone have any suggestions as to why this is and what the fix is?

JAMAJ79, May 11, 2017
  3. gwjls Win User
    dual monitors developed problem

I have been using dual monitors for several years, and with Win10 for over a year. Suddenly, both monitors display same image and in some strange wide font. How can I get back to two images?

gwjls, May 11, 2017
  4. Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor

Press the Windows Logo key *Start and the P key, then select PC screen only. Everything will show on the one monitor.
    When you want dual display Press the Windows Logo key *Start and the P key, then select Extend.

alphanumeric, May 12, 2017
  5. doug4901 Win User
    That is exactly what I needed.
    Many thanks,
    Doug

doug4901, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor

1. Dual Monitors - Win10 displays on Deselected Monitor - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors Win10

2. Dual monitor Display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor Display size: I am using two monitors and trying to set it such that windows do not change size when dragged between them. Essentially I would like the left monitor to have the same sizing as the right since the monitors are pretty close in size.I have already looked at the solutions to...
  3. Dual Monitor Display

Dual Monitor Display: I am running dual monitors and when not active, one screen goes black while the other goes into screen saving mode. Is there a way to keep the one screen from going black?...
  4. Display for Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display for Dual Monitors: For work recently I set up 2 monitors and it presently works, but its a little iffy. While not in use after a few minutes the screen goes black, which isnt odd since it always does that and we are limited on things we can use like screen savers. However while its not in use...
  5. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  6. dual monitor display

dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  7. Dual Monitor not displaying

Dual Monitor not displaying: I hope I'm in the right area as I'm a bit frazzled right now and new to this site. Setting up a 2nd monitor on my Win10 PC - 1st Monitor is Samsung S27E310 connected to NVidia Quadro NVS 290 graphics card. 2nd is Samsung S270C230 plugged into USB via IOGEAR External VGA...
  8. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....
  9. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon 3000 card on Windows 10 42857
  10. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: I'm having issues with my Dual monitor set up and not sure if it has anything to do with the ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card. I've gone to AMD support to download the the latest driver for Win10 and keep getting message stating ( We are unable to find a driver for your system)....