Windows 10: Dual Monitors with different resolutions

Discus and support Dual Monitors with different resolutions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kieranp03, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Kieranp03 Win User

Dual Monitors with different resolutions

I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the main monitor, does the resolution on my secondary monitor become correct. How do I fix this? So that I am able to use two monitors.

:)

Kieranp03, Jun 27, 2022

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Dual monitors with different DPI (different resolution but same physical size)

Hi,

I have dual monitor setup. Two monitors are the same size, but very different in resolution. To be precise, display 1 is 1440x900 (100% scale) and display 2 is 2880x1800 retina (200% scale). So they are the same size, but first display is twice as high in
    DPI as the second one.

Because of that, when I move my mouse pointer from display 1 to display 2, it's "stuck" on the edge until I move it to the bottom (depends on the layout).

Ability to change the "scale" of every individual monitor on the layout (without affecting it's resolution or element/font size) solves the problem:

Dual Monitors with different resolutions 313f7661-b386-4db6-bf90-9c9e9f003f67.png

Is there any other way to solve it? If no, can this feature be added to Windows 10?

LeonidUmanskiy, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Dual Monitors with different resolutions

1. Dual Monitors with different resolutions - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors different

2. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  3. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  4. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  5. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  6. Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Resolution Issue: I have dual monitors but my second monitor will not change resolutions; it only has one mode and that is 800 x 600. Any suggestions? I have a Windows 10. Thank you!...
  7. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  8. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings: [ATTACH] So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is landscape, 4k, and 27 inches. In display settings, the portrait monitor is somehow shorter than the landscape monitor. I was...
  9. Dual Monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor resolution: I just bought 2 new monitors and hooked up to my laptop. I am having an issue with not being able to set them up for the same resolution. They have different recommended display resolutions and the one monitor doesn't have the option for the better option. What can i do to...
  10. Dual monitor setup with DisplayFusion and different resolutions. Game crashes sporadically.

Dual monitor setup with DisplayFusion and different resolutions. Game crashes sporadically.: Running ASUS XG279Q (main) 1440p 170 Hz Alienware 2521HF (alternate) 1080p 170 Hz They are set at different resolutions. I'm suspecting this might be the cause. I do not know how to fix this. I'm utilizing DisplayFusion. DisplayFusion has been working well and I...