Windows 10: Dual Monitors

Discus and support Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SGORDONcpa, Sep 6, 2018.

1. SGORDONcpa Win User

Dual Monitors

I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work?

:)

SGORDONcpa, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Darian Tab Win User

Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Kristine Arp Win User

Dual Monitors

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors

1. Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors

2. Screen saver over dual monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver over dual monitors in Windows 10: I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (1st Gen) as my second screen (and the laptop driving both monitors), and a ViewSonic VA2248m-LED 22IN monitor as my primary monitor. I would be interested in having the Windows screen saver display my chosen photo album (folder) across...
  3. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker: I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad...
  4. Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 with Dual Monitors: I am running a dual monitor set up on my gaming PC with Windows 10, every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode one of my monitors works but the other one says that the cable isn't connected. The only way that I have been able to get it to work again after waking up is...
  5. Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Icons on Dual Monitors: On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the...
  6. screen saver on dual monitors

screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...
  7. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  8. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  9. dual monitor wont display through my air hdmi receiver to 2nd monitor ( projector)

dual monitor wont display through my air hdmi receiver to 2nd monitor ( projector): its not hdmi transmitter , tested and good. I changed hz refresh 24, 60, 59 . resolution 1080 . I use a rx 570 video card latest drivers . it blinks , sometimes projector shows it changing resolution, but its windows . I never had a problem going threw the air to...
  10. Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4: Are there any good tutorials out there on how to do this? Thanks, Nate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-dual-monitors-to-surface-pro-4/d0aea477-10ba-479f-8129-982da2d79ce1