Windows 10: Dual montior not detecting but displaying

Discus and support Dual montior not detecting but displaying in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I recently bought a new adapter for my second screen, it was a display port to HDMI cable but it was faulty so I bought a display port to HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoleStrain1707, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Dual montior not detecting but displaying

Hello

I recently bought a new adapter for my second screen, it was a display port to HDMI cable but it was faulty so I bought a display port to HDMI adapter and used an HDMI cable. Im not sure if any of this is relevant but its the only thing that's changed prior to my screens not working. Both screens are displaying however it won't "detect" the first screen even though it's working? Because of this, i cant extend the display over two screens.

Ive tried reverting the graphics card to a previous state, taking plugs out restarting ect but it still won't "detect" my screen.

Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Thanks

:)

NicoleStrain1707, Sep 12, 2018

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Dual montior not detecting but displaying

Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Dual montior not detecting but displaying

1. Dual montior not detecting but displaying - Similar Threads - Dual montior detecting

2. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  3. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  4. Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!: I left my PC running last night which I dont normally do and my main monitor now cant be detected by windows and my secondary monitor flickers every few seconds and when it flickers the screen kind of refreshes, my cursor goes away for a second, it stops recognizing...
  5. 2nd Montior

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Montior: My laptop is Acer Predator helios 300. I have connected my laptop to another PC's monitor.I have been trying to add second screen to it but i couldnt.It was showing didnt detect another display.I have tried updating/roll back/disable & enbale for Display Drivers in Device...
  6. 1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?: Hi, I have a monitor setup where my primary monitor is 4k and my secondary is 1080. I use the 1080 for designing stuff that fits on 1080, but since I hooked up my 4k monitor the 1080 monitor is enlarged and I've already set the scaling in display settings to 100% for both...
  7. how to set dual montior screen savers on Windows 10?

how to set dual montior screen savers on Windows 10?: how to set dual montior screen savers on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-dual-montior-screen-savers-on-windows/56d8e629-b38e-455e-822b-98f97639d661
  8. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank: I am having trouble getting my second monitor to work. This system has been working with 1 monitor just fine. I dug up an older HP VGA monitor to add on and the system detects the monitor just fine, but nothing appears on it. The HP monitor works fine when I connect it using...
  9. Dual Displays

Dual Displays: Hi... I'm setting up dual displays 1 regular ViewSonic computer monitor -VGA connection / 1 BenQ TV screen - HDMI connection. My trouble is getting the screen resolution sizes to work for both screens. The best I've got so far is the setting for "Duplicate These Displays" /...
  10. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe