Windows 10: Dual Montor Questions

Discus and support Dual Montor Questions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; have my windows 10 pc hooked up to a 1080p display (displayport out) and a 4k hdr tv (hdmi out). 1. in display settings the 1080p display shows as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by aeneas1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Dual Montor Questions

have my windows 10 pc hooked up to a 1080p display (displayport out) and a 4k hdr tv (hdmi out).

1. in display settings the 1080p display shows as display #2 (even tho it's marked as "make this my main display), would like it to show as display #1, how do i make this happen? or does windows assign display numbers based on the video output port used?

2. if i select "duplicate these displays" i lose hdr support for the 4k hdr display, the hdr toggle becomes disabled, apparently windows defaults to the lowest resolution when this option is selected - if i want hdr support for my 4k hdr display i have to select "extend these displays"... is there a way to get 4k hdr support when using "duplicate these displays"? maybe if i make my 4k hdr display the main display?

3. is there a built-in display option, or third party software option, that will allow me to:

- view both displays on one display, even temporarily?

- move an open window from a display that is off to the display that is on? for example, if i open a program, let's say spotify, on display 2 and the turn off display 2, i can see that spotify is open from the icon in the taskbar on display 1, and can even close it using the icon, but i can't move the opened program from display 2 (off) to display 1, and if i close the program (using the taskbar icon) and reopen it it will reopen on display 2.

thanks!

:)

aeneas1, Sep 29, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Sep 29, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Montor Questions

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Dual Montor Questions

1. Dual Montor Questions - Similar Threads - Dual Montor Questions

2. Dual drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual drive question: My computer has dual drives, i have installed windows 10 pro edition on my computer, if i install Windows 11 home edition on my other drive, is it legal or illegal? I don't want dual boot on my same drive....
  3. Dual Drive Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Drive Question.: I am considering replacing my PC with the new "Dual Drives" 256SSD + 1TB HDD. I understand the concept, however when bought off the shelf is everything already set up? Like Documents, Photos, Music folders on the HDD and Operating system on the SSD? Or will I have to move...
  4. Dual Drive Question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Drive Question.: I am considering replacing my PC with the new "Dual Drives" 256SSD + 1TB HDD. I understand the concept, however when bought off the shelf is everything already set up? Like Documents, Photos, Music folders on the HDD and Operating system on the SSD? Or will I have to move...
  5. Dual display question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual display question: In a dual display setup... (1) what should Windows do when you unplug one of the displays? For example, when you disconnect the HDMI cable? (2) What should Windows do when you plug it back in? (3) What should Windows do when you unplug BOTH displays? (4) What what should...
  6. Dual boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot question: I want to install Windows on an SSD with Linux already installed in it. However, whenever I do so, it stops with an error - Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation. What to...
  7. Dual Montor Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Montor Questions: have my windows 10 pc hooked up to a 1080p display (displayport out) and a 4k hdr tv (hdmi out). 1. in display settings the 1080p display shows as display #2 (even tho it's marked as "make this my main display), would like it to show as display #1, how do i make this happen?...
  8. onedrive folder montoring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive folder montoring: onedive needs to be changed back to having the ability to specify your own folders and places it looks at for uploding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-montoring/164c4d56-3f1e-4f16-8c47-0fcd875e2643
  9. dual boot question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  10. Dual Boot question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...