Windows 10: Dual OS Installation Help Required

Discus and support Dual OS Installation Help Required in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I use my 2 laptops for djing and I want to be able to set up 2 instances of Windows 10 on one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bartjunited, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Dual OS Installation Help Required

Hopefully this is the right section to post this.

I use my 2 laptops for djing and I want to be able to set up 2 instances of Windows 10 on one of the laptops so I can set it up with different software versions for testing.

Therefore I'd like to create

2 partitions (i think this is what i need)

Install windows 10 on both

partition 1 - software x with config x
    partition 2 - software y with config y

that way i can test the 2 set ups independent of each other and when I am satisfied with the one I want I can blow the other one away and add it back to one of the partitions

FYI my data/music is all on a seperate partition

TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, Sep 8, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Sep 8, 2018
  4. lynx29 Win User

Dual OS Installation Help Required

help me install Lineage OS, I made a video of where I am stuck at

video here, watch at 1.25x or 1.5x speed to save time... I downloaded latest Lineage OS for my phone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, (it does not make you root the phone to install this OS and I don't want to root it, beause I want netflix still to work), well anyways, I follow all the official steps listed on lineage OS website LineageOS Downloads and you will see in the video where I get stuck, someone help me get past this part please, thanks!

lynx29, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Dual OS Installation Help Required

1. Dual OS Installation Help Required - Similar Threads - Dual Installation Help

2. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS: In the process of re-installing my OS I ended up with the system installed on a HDD and partially installed on a SSD It was supposed to just be on the SSD. Oops. In the case of the SSD install it is at the point of asking for my email address and Microsoft PW. Can I just...
  3. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS: In the process of re-installing my OS I ended up with the system installed on a HDD and partially installed on a SSD It was supposed to just be on the SSD. Oops. In the case of the SSD install it is at the point of asking for my email address and Microsoft PW. Can I just...
  4. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install: I wanted to fresh install my Pop OS alongside windows so burned an iso and checked to format my old pop os installation. I accidentally checked the format EFI partition too. Now I am unable to boot to windows. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/bprayush [link]...
  6. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  7. Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os

Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os: I have a dell Inspiron laptop. It came with windows 7 preinstalled. Now I want to install windows 10 as welp by partitioning the drive. I have created a bootable usb using the windows ISO file downloaded from windows website and using rufus tool, i have formatted the usb...
  8. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  9. dual OS switching

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    dual OS switching: I have windows 10 on my HP pavilion dv6 as the main OS and I have a bootable portable hard drive running Ubuntu, I am trying to find a way to be able to swap between the programs without having to restart and change the OS each time I want to use them. Essentially I want both...
  10. Install older OS as dual boot?

Install older OS as dual boot?: I read on the MS help website that you cannot install older versions of windows as dualboot, however I am having issues playing the same games that I played on win8.1. Microsoft promised that Win10 would improve games, but some of the games I'm playing were rendered...