Windows 10: Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

Discus and support Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a dual boot on my DELL Latitude E550 (or something similar), running Ubuntu 16.04 as default and win10 as secondary. Upon bootup I could choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by knp12345, Jan 28, 2019.

1. knp12345 Win User

Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

I had a dual boot on my DELL Latitude E550 (or something similar), running Ubuntu 16.04 as default and win10 as secondary. Upon bootup I could choose which partition to load.

I prefer Linux. But there are a couple applications that are built for windows and work better on there. Hence why I still use win10.

About a half year ago I ran into startup issues, computer crashed, and when it started up again I couldn't access my Ubuntu partition. Win10 did not re-install.

Any ideas how I can recover that partition? I haven't even tried enterin BIOS yet and playing around with bootup options. I'll do that ASAP.

Thanks!

:)

knp12345, Jan 28, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?

Once I had Windows 10 RTM dual booting with Linux 17.2. No issue whatsoever.

Here is a tutorial on dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu 15.04
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/d...th-screenshots

davidhk, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop

Hello! Sorry you are having this issue. Hopefully we can fix it

Dual booting should be the same for everything or very similar at least.

Did you use any guides? It's a little complicated to explain step-by-step how to install a dual boot here but you can look at guides for ubuntu here>

https://itsfoss.com/install-ubuntu-1404-dual-bo...

or here >
    https://www.tecmint.com/install-ubuntu-16-04-al...

The basic guide is to backup your data > create a disk with ubuntu on it > disable secure boot > Then boot from the USB > install ubuntu

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively.

I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10.

In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are clickable. Moreover, the "File System" appears black, the "Status" is "healthy (primary partition) and % Free = 100%; that is to say, this disk is
    not recognized by Win10.

Then, how should I access files on Ubuntu disk while I am using Win10?

Thank you!

GenggongwoShi, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

1. Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04 - Similar Threads - Dual Partition 'Lost'

2. Dual Boot. Best Workflow with Win10 and Ubuntu on one SSD? Reinstall, partitioning and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot. Best Workflow with Win10 and Ubuntu on one SSD? Reinstall, partitioning and...: Hello,i used a couple of month now Win10 Home and Ubuntu 20.04 with dual boot on one ssd partitioned 250gb each. Every Time i started my Notebook Grub Manager asked me what OS to start. Despite some Win10 Clock Issues - i had to sync the Win10 time on every startup - it...
  3. Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot: Hi, I resize and moved partition where my windows boot was. Now I am unable to boot windows. Please help. Also, I would like to know the technical details of what happens and why it does not work. Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/last_iteration [link] [comments]...
  4. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22
  5. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  6. OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?: Hello, so i was wondering if my OEM version of Windows 10 would allow me to dual boot install Ubuntu linux alongside Windows, and still keep its activation. Is this possible?...
  7. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition): I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively. I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10. In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are...
  8. Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu

Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu: Hi guys, I have Alienware 17 R3. I have dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04. Now when I select windows in grub menu, the generic windows 10 animation shows up with 1024x768 resolution. Is there a way to restore my Alienware boot animation? Thank you. 69227
  9. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...
  10. Build 14257 04/02/16

Build 14257 04/02/16: New build loaded today appears to have resolved the absence of email printing and missing bluetooth function I wonder what new function errors will come to light ? *Sad 39670