Windows 10: Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

Discus and support Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, so I've searched for a while and cannot find an answer so I must ask it on my own. I currently have a dual monitor setup. The primary monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamG879puh, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

Ok, so I've searched for a while and cannot find an answer so I must ask it on my own. I currently have a dual monitor setup. The primary monitor is front of me and the second monitor is mounted direct above the primary. I have one background image that spans both screens. The problem is, when I wake my computer up from a sleep, the background image will be the same on both screens. For example, both screens will show the bottom half of the overall wallpaper. This can be remedied by rebooting the computer but who has time for that, and is definitely something that shouldn't have to be done. This cannot be fixed by selecting another wallpaper or doing anything at all other than rebooting the computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

SamG879puh, Apr 7, 2019
  2. C.R.Akita Win User

background slideshow changes to picture after waking from sleep

I have several PCs running up-to-date Windows 10. On each, I have a designated folder with pictures I want for the background slideshow. On every PC, background changes to a picture from the desktop background list when the PC wakes up from sleep. This
    is very annoying. Is there a workaround to this behavior?

C.R.Akita, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

1. Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Dual screen background

2. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  3. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  4. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  5. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  6. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  7. Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep

Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep: Hello there, I have been plague with crashes after waking from sleep for a month. I hope you could provide me more insight what may be cause of it. I have searched the forum and mostly are mentioning to update my driver however I have checked Device Manager and determine the...
  8. Blue screen after waking pc from sleep...

Blue screen after waking pc from sleep...: Hi, When I woke pc from sleep it showed something like this: [ATTACH] So I went to event view and searched for errors. And there were 2 for the exact time that happened (under Windows Logs). Here's details of #1: Log Name: System Source:...
  9. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...