Windows 10: Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

Discus and support Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I rather recently upgraded from my old single screen setup to a dual screen setup, but since then I have been running into an issue on startup: When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HotmailUsername, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

I rather recently upgraded from my old single screen setup to a dual screen setup, but since then I have been running into an issue on startup:

When I boot my primary screen starts up, but my secondary screen seems to constantly connect and disconnect at a rapid rate, which is only indicated by its status LED turning off and on rapidly and the windows "connected/disconnected" sound playing all the time. This also resets the mouse cursor to the middle of the screen, rendering the pc workstation unusable until the issue is fixed.

My current workaround is as follows:

Before booting, disconnect the display port cable from my main screen. Boot. Both screens stay dark. Press enter and my login pin. After logging in wait until my desktop is viewable on my secondary screen. Now I can reconnect the display port cable to my primary screen and everything works. Obviously this is far from ideal.

Only turning off the primary screen power during bootup does not fix the issue, I have to physically disconnect the display port cable.

The reason why I assume it's an issue with Windows/Windows drivers is because I have a dual boot setup and when I boot into Manjaro I have no issues whatsoever with my screens.

I did update my graphics card drivers and uninstall and reinstall these as well, but no luck.

Possibly relevant Hardware:

Graphics card: Radeon RX580

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Primary Screen : BenQ XL2411P 144Hz monitor, connected via Display Port

Secondary Screen: Generic Medion Screen, 60 Hz, from a super market connected via DVI

Any help is appreciated!

:)

HotmailUsername, Apr 27, 2020

2. Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, Apr 27, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

1. Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup - Similar Threads - Dual Screen constantly

2. Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting: I've had an e590 Lenovo Thinkpad for under a year, and I had one of the exact same model previously for a little over a year. Both of them had/have the same exact problem.I'll be sitting down and shuffle just a teensy little bit and my computer will disconnect the charger and...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting: I've had an e590 Lenovo Thinkpad for under a year, and I had one of the exact same model previously for a little over a year. Both of them had/have the same exact problem.I'll be sitting down and shuffle just a teensy little bit and my computer will disconnect the charger and...
  4. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  5. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  6. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly: Hello, Many of you heard of this issue, I hope I'll either get help or better ideas at why the disconnect/reconnect repeats every 5-10 sec or so while using this external hard drive. MY SITUATION: I acquired a WD_Black SSD 8to usb3.0 8 days ago, and after I plugged it in...
  8. my vpn constantly disconnects and reconnects in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my vpn constantly disconnects and reconnects in windows 10: this has been an ongoing problem for the last few months. any ideas on cause of problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-vpn-constantly-disconnects-and-reconnects-in/bb3dd13f-8820-4815-b501-7df1cd17baa4
  9. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. This happens with connections between any two computers. I never had this problem before I...
  10. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...