Windows 10: Dual screen displays

Discus and support Dual screen displays in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and have dual screens. When I booted up this morning, main desktop displayed correctly but 2nd screen was upside down. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Deason, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dual screen displays

I am running Windows 10 and have dual screens. When I booted up this morning, main desktop displayed correctly but 2nd screen was upside down. I rebooted, which corrected 2nd screen problem, but main screen is now blank. The second screen now only detects 1 computer and will not stay in "extended screen" mode. How do I correct?

:)

Chris Deason, Aug 6, 2018

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Dual screen displays

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Dual screen displays

1. Dual screen displays - Similar Threads - Dual screen displays

2. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  3. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  4. Dual display question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual display question: In a dual display setup... (1) what should Windows do when you unplug one of the displays? For example, when you disconnect the HDMI cable? (2) What should Windows do when you plug it back in? (3) What should Windows do when you unplug BOTH displays? (4) What what should...
  5. RDP Dual Screen - Occasional Display Issue on ONE Display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP Dual Screen - Occasional Display Issue on ONE Display: Have been doing engineering work remote for over a year running Windows 10 Pro on work workstation and Windows 10 Home at home. Dual monitors at home and at work. We use SonicWall NetExtender to connect to work and then RDP to connect to workstations. Has been working...
  6. Fake dual display on 1 screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fake dual display on 1 screen: I am looking to take 1 monitor and make windows think it is actually 2 separate monitors. I need to run 2 programs in full screen mode and as of now the only way to accomplish this is with 2 monitors. I would love to be able to use 1 wide screen monitor and trick windows into...
  7. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  8. dual monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  9. Dual Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Displays: Hi... I'm setting up dual displays 1 regular ViewSonic computer monitor -VGA connection / 1 BenQ TV screen - HDMI connection. My trouble is getting the screen resolution sizes to work for both screens. The best I've got so far is the setting for "Duplicate These Displays" /...
  10. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe