Windows 10: Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided?

Discus and support Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For months now I've been working from home using dual screens with no issue whatsoever. Screen 1: built-in display for my Lenovo Yoga 4 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CookieNguyen26, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided?

For months now I've been working from home using dual screens with no issue whatsoever.

Screen 1: built-in display for my Lenovo Yoga 4 laptop

Screen 2: Dell U2717D 59p Hz monitor/TV

Recently I had to temporarily relocate to a new office in my house and that involved changing my setup. My previous orientation was:

[Screen 1][Screen 2] with screen 2 as my main display screen and all programs/apps were showing up collectively on screen 2 just fine.

My new temp set up:

[Screen 2][Screen 1] same settings as before

But now my programs are split between the dual screens AND they are of different orientations. The programs on Screen 2 are flowing horizontal, and the programs on screen 1 are flowing vertical.

Every morning I have to drag my desktop icons back over to my main screen and spend precious minutes reorganizing them. One wrong move and everything goes back to how it was when I turned on my computer first thing in the morning. As well, every time I restart my system it goes back to its previous state.

I'm going a little out of my mind here and the internet thus far has been very little help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CookieNguyen26, Jul 9, 2020
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jul 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided?

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided?

1. Dual Screens - Desktop Items Divided? - Similar Threads - Dual Screens Desktop

2. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  3. my labtop screen was divided into two parts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my labtop screen was divided into two parts: My toshiba tecra m7 labtop screen went black then the computer crashed and restarted itself. I have a blue screen with critical errors. I managed to get it started up in safe mode but the screen has split horizontally in two parts even on booting it . I updeted the bios but...
  4. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  5. Screen divided into 4 identical screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen divided into 4 identical screens: I have a problem with my laptop's screen right now. It was divided into 4 identical screen and I don't know how to resolve it. I have Windows 10 21H1 OS in a Sony Vaio E series Laptop.....
  6. My laptop screen divided 6 displays

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop screen divided 6 displays: [IMG]Windows 10 Laptop showing 6 displays? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-divided-6-displays/2a86f9c7-b73b-4206-aae8-92f567dd9e57
  7. Searching for items in documents: section dividers

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for items in documents: section dividers: v.1903; MS Office 2007 I do not recall making the change myself, but now, when I search for a folder or file, the list is in sections e.g A-H, 0-9. Quite simply, I would like to have an unbroken list to search through, but can't think how to achieve that. Your thoughts?...
  8. my desktop screen is divided by a thin line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my desktop screen is divided by a thin line: please help me a thin line has divided my screen into two equal half after l uninstall and reinstall office 2010. Is my system going to crash. Please l need urgent help. Thank you...
  9. Divide screen into six instead of four?

in Windows 10 Support
    Divide screen into six instead of four?: You can move applications into quadrants by dragging the titlebar into a corner of the screen; is there an equally-efficient way to arrange windows into six equal parts of the screen instead of four? 103541
  10. screen divided b 9 thin lines

in Windows 10 Support
    screen divided b 9 thin lines: hey guys, one of our screens is divided by 9 lines and i do not know how to fix this. Any ideas? thanks Jeff 56990