Windows 10: Dual screens

Discus and support Dual screens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have my laptop connected to a monitor, I have extended the screens for dual screen use. My mouse moves from the laptop to the monitor, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephBK, Nov 24, 2020.

1. StephBK Win User

Dual screens

Hey, I have my laptop connected to a monitor, I have extended the screens for dual screen use.

My mouse moves from the laptop to the monitor, all that shows on my monitor is the background photo. plus the bottom widgets. When I change screens, nothing changes on the monitor only on the laptop.

So how do I see two different screens? Hope this makes sense. Thanks ahead for any help.

:)

StephBK, Nov 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 24, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual screens

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Dual screens

1. Dual screens - Similar Threads - Dual screens

2. Black screen in shutdown and recovery mode after dual boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in shutdown and recovery mode after dual boot.: Recently i installed Ubuntu in my Windows 11 laptop. Screen that appears when laptop on from shutdown mode and recovery mode is black. Content only visible in horizontal top line. For your reference i atteched screenshots. But when i enter password assuming my sigin screen...
  3. Black screen in shutdown and recovery mode after dual boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in shutdown and recovery mode after dual boot.: Recently i installed Ubuntu in my Windows 11 laptop. Screen that appears when laptop on from shutdown mode and recovery mode is black. Content only visible in horizontal top line. For your reference i atteched screenshots. But when i enter password assuming my sigin screen...
  4. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  5. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  6. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  7. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  8. Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens: Hi,My org has moved us onto new PCs which is great, however, there are a few things I'm trying to change as I preferred some of the minor features of the old windows version e.g. start bar on the left instead of being central.However, so far I haven't found a fix for this...
  9. Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens

Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens: Hi,My org has moved us onto new PCs which is great, however, there are a few things I'm trying to change as I preferred some of the minor features of the old windows version e.g. start bar on the left instead of being central.However, so far I haven't found a fix for this...
  10. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?: I have 2x 27" LG monitors:4K UHD LCD2K QHD OLEDI use the OLED for gaming, but I use both for productivity and general use.They are side by side, equal in size, and only different in pixel density / resolution.However, Windows doesn't seem to have any awareness of these...