Windows 10: Dualboot - problems with booting

Discus and support Dualboot - problems with booting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, some weeks ago I uninstalled Ubuntu. I had Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 20.04 / dualboot. Today I found if I start laptop, I still see Windows Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnCoreX, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Dualboot - problems with booting

/u/AnCoreX, Sep 8, 2020

2. How can I boot WinRE on a dualboot laptop?

So basically I encountered a 0x000225 error which needs me to use startup repair but I keep stucking at the dualboot since I have to hold F8 and windows 8.1 blue screen keep blocking me.

So how to boot WinRE on a Dualboot laptop?

Someone105, Sep 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Dualboot - problems with booting

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Dualboot - problems with booting

1. Dualboot - problems with booting - Similar Threads - Dualboot problems booting

2. Dualboot without Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dualboot without Secure Boot?: Hi there. I'm trying to play a game, but it won't run because secure boot is disabled. I went to the BIOS to enable secure boot, but after rebooting, secure boot is automatically disabled. I dualboot Linux and I'm wondering if I will have to uninstall Linux in order to enable...
  3. Dualboot without Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dualboot without Secure Boot?: Hi there. I'm trying to play a game, but it won't run because secure boot is disabled. I went to the BIOS to enable secure boot, but after rebooting, secure boot is automatically disabled. I dualboot Linux and I'm wondering if I will have to uninstall Linux in order to enable...
  4. Windows Boot Manager/Dualboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager/Dualboot: When i run Windows 7 Setup and install it to another drive like Volume 2 F: will it show to Windows Boot Manager like the picture shown:ignore Windows Vista by the way...
  5. Windows Boot Manager/Dualboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Manager/Dualboot: When i run Windows 7 Setup and install it to another drive like Volume 2 F: will it show to Windows Boot Manager like the picture shown:ignore Windows Vista by the way...
  6. Windows Boot Manager/Dualboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems with Windows 10 on dualboot tablet

Problems with Windows 10 on dualboot tablet: After a recent Windows 10 update, my dualboot tablet Windows and Android can no longer run Windows. I have run all of the automatic fixes offered by Windows, including reset, and none of them works. I can get into the command prompt which says: x:windows\system32...
  8. DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.: hello everyone, I need to try cortana reminders on the 2004 version. I have vmware but I would like to try to install on my hardware if possible with a dual boot. I would like to use native boot on vhdx file. I have seen tutorials and I have partially prepared a dos...
  9. Windows 10/7 Dualboot doesnt boot / error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10/7 Dualboot doesnt boot / error: Hello, I wanted to install windows 7 and 10 dualboot. I was running windows 10 on my ssd. I created a new partition on my hdd, removed my ssd (with windows 10 on it) and then i installed windows 7 on the hdd partition. Windows 7 was successfully installed so I reinserted...
  10. Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition

Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition: Alright, strange title, I know. The reason I ask this is because for the past week I'm trying to get a dual boot arch linux/windows 10 on my PC. I have made plenty of dual boots before but never encoutered such difficulties doing so. A quick set-up of what I have inside...