Windows 10: Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

Discus and support Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eore, Oct 10, 2020.

1. eore Win User

Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I
    could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot
    up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a prompt.I then have to type exit and it will boot into windows..I would like to
    get it back to normal for him so he can just boot into windows.Went into bios setup and looked at the boot menu.
    This is how it looks:
    1st.-uefi ubuntu
    2nd.-onboard NIC device
    3rd.-internal odd device
    4th.-usb storage
    5th.-usb floppy.
    Trouble is I don't know what to do with that.Any help would be appreciated,thank-you.Tony

:)

2. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

I cant do it on my pc running linux mint ? What if i use virtual box to run windows and do it from there ?

xXMAZEMANXxarmstrong, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB | CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz | RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB | MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB.

It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my hdd of windows completely, and installed mint to the hdd.

My question is can i use woeusb to reinstall win10 ? With 124gb usb stick and the iso image i have downloaded ? If so how should i partition/format the usb and hdd for this to work properly? What needs to be mounted/unmounted to what? Im not an expert and
    i dont wanna end up without an OS. I plan on installing win10 to hdd, and deleting linux only because i have no partitions made on my hdd.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated ��

xXMAZEMANXxarmstrong, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

1. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint. - Similar Threads - Dualboot Windows10 Linux

2. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  3. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  4. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint

How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint: Hello, I wanted to know how do I dualboot Windows 10 with Linux mint, I have been extremely dissatisfied with Windows 10, I am dual booting to try Linux mint if it is easy for me I will replace Windows 10 with it...
  6. Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  7. Remove Linux mint?

Remove Linux mint?: Hello I have again created a partition on my hard disk to be able to use Linux next to Windows. I've been doing that for a while. However, I have no idea how to remove Linux without harming my laptop. The last time haveichdan rebuilt the remaining free space back into my...
  8. Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?

Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?: How do I set up the function described in the title? Windows 10 installed Linux mint cinnamon installed Restart leads directly to windows lock screen Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?
  9. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

Switching from Linux mint to windows10: Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB. It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my...
  10. Linux Mint... No internet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux Mint... No internet...: Just installed Linux Mint on someone's elses laptop (with his permission!) but..... it shows after install that it has connection but no internet... How can I solve this prob??? *Sad 130549