Windows 10: Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7

Discus and support Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i have a question umm i have a hard drive from my broken laptop and it still have a windows 7 on it, if i booted on my windows 7 will my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karloloy2020, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7

Hi, i have a question umm i have a hard drive from my broken laptop and it still have a windows 7 on it, if i booted on my windows 7 will my main machine which has windows 10 will the files on my windows 10 will lose?im only gonna transfer some of my pictures and files into my main drive, and im gonna format the old drive and make it as my external hdd.

:)

Karloloy2020, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7

1. Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7 - Similar Threads - Dualbooting

2. Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild Windows boot partition and keep system partition on GPT dualboot system: Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files...
  3. Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system

Recover a Windows system partition on GPT dualboot system: Hi everyone!Well, here is the problem: after a partition manager crash, I have to rebuild all my partition system. I have now my linux system 2 partitions, an EFI partition on which one is installed rEFInd bootloader, and a Windows System partition, with all my program files...
  4. Why overwrite my dualboot

Why overwrite my dualboot: I have windows only for gaming purpose and my important stuff and work on linux, today I booted windows installed the updates and before I can play anything had to find a pendrive to undo windows mess because tommorrow I have to work on my linux and it never did such a thing...
  5. I lost the ability to boot to Windows 8.1 dualboot after resetting Windows 10

I lost the ability to boot to Windows 8.1 dualboot after resetting Windows 10: I wanted to reset my pc because something went wrong. But i realized that the "Choose an operating system" thing is gone.I went to msconfig and went to the boot tab, then i saw that Windows 8.1 is not on the list anymore.But the partition AND the Windows 8.1 files remain.Any...
  6. My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.: Hi, My computer has been damaged. Here are some things that have happened:Whenever I start my computer, it says "Entering setup" in yellow text, so I have to press F12 to enter boot options. When booting from my hard drive space, I cannot boot to windows because it gives me a...
  7. DualBoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot Windows 10: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  8. Keep fast startup On in Dualboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep fast startup On in Dualboot.: Hi I have a Dualboot system with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 . I was experiencing very slow boot, restart and shutdown and I solved this problem by enabling Faststartup in Windows and now everything is perfect but I came to know that Keeping on Faststartup On in Dualboot...
  9. How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make partitons accessible from both OS [dualboot]: As the title says , I currently have Windows 10 as well as Elementary os installed in my laptop . Is there any way that i can access my partitions that are made from windows 10 and use to read and write data in Elementary os . submitted by /u/4ROHIT7 [link] [comments]...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 Dualboot with Ubuntu 20.04.

Reinstall Windows 10 Dualboot with Ubuntu 20.04.: Hello I have a dual boot system on laptop ASUSX55C with Windows 10 EFI and GPT and Ubuntu 20.04 and I want to reset Windows. So I saw many tutorials however they upgrade their windows or convert it from 32 to 64 bit using a pendrive. But I am gonna reset using this option[...