Windows 10: Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

Discus and support Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using a Dualshock 4 controller for almost 3 years, never had this problem before. I installed DS4Windows to try and solve this, worked for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr_Breachs, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

I've been using a Dualshock 4 controller for almost 3 years, never had this problem before. I installed DS4Windows to try and solve this, worked for a little while, then stopped working again. Tried with InputMapper, same thing. Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes I restart my computer and it just works out of nowhere again. I tried updating drivers, disabling the wireless controller speaker from Device Manager and devices and printers, everything that I could find. None of it worked. Please, help.

:)

Dr_Breachs, Jan 21, 2022

2. Dualshock 4 controller won't connect on Windows 10 PC

Hello Darkslayer,

Thank you for getting back with an update. Please let us know these things to analyze the issue.

• How about connecting other Bluetooth devices?
    • Is this issue specific to DualShock 4 controller gamepad?
    • Did you try connecting the same device on different computer?

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Dualshock 4 controller won't connect on Windows 10 PC

Hello Darkslayer,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• How about connecting other Bluetooth devices?
    • Is this issue specific to DualShock 4 controller gamepad?
    • Did you try restarting your computer once?
    • Did you try connecting the same device on different computer?
    Give us above details to guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

Audio device

I FIXED MY SOUND

Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound.

Here is how:

Follow Bilion Debbarm METHOD #1 (in a previous reply)

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button
    (My computer says "Troubleshoot audio playback")
    click this

THEN

A box should pop up saying: Play audio Find & fix problem (Hit Next)

(computer will start searching/detecting if problem)

Question will pop up:

Which of these devices do you want to trouble shoot?

-Speakers

-Headphones

CLICK SPEAKERS

It should then ask you to change selected audio device to default

CLICK - Apply this fix.

Done!

KenyaGadson, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

1. Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - Dualshock started being

2. PS4 controller Dualshock 4 incorrectly being detected as a audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller Dualshock 4 incorrectly being detected as a audio device.: Feedback Hub link: https://aka.ms/AAhssf1My PS4 controller is randomly being detected by Windows as a audio device, so there is zero audio being heard. And yes I can just change it to my headset but if I plug in my controller in another port it overrides my selection. This...
  3. PS4 controller Dualshock 4 incorrectly being detected as a audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 controller Dualshock 4 incorrectly being detected as a audio device.: Feedback Hub link: https://aka.ms/AAhssf1My PS4 controller is randomly being detected by Windows as a audio device, so there is zero audio being heard. And yes I can just change it to my headset but if I plug in my controller in another port it overrides my selection. This...
  4. Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.: I've been using a Dualshock 4 controller for almost 3 years, never had this problem before. I installed DS4Windows to try and solve this, worked for a little while, then stopped working again. Tried with InputMapper, same thing. Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....
  5. Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dualshock 4 started being detected as an audio device out of nowhere.: I've been using a Dualshock 4 controller for almost 3 years, never had this problem before. I installed DS4Windows to try and solve this, worked for a little while, then stopped working again. Tried with InputMapper, same thing. Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....
  6. dualshock 4 not detected and charge on windows !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dualshock 4 not detected and charge on windows !: hello, i'm trying to connect dualshock4 to my pc, the dualshock4 controller doesn't show in control panel at devices and printers as wireless controller and i tested the same controller on my laptop and it charges normally, i tried ds4windows driver i tried diffrent port and...
  7. dualshock 4 not detected and charge on windows !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dualshock 4 not detected and charge on windows !: hello, i'm trying to connect dualshock4 to my pc, the dualshock4 controller doesn't show in control panel at devices and printers as wireless controller and i tested the same controller on my laptop and it charges normally, i tried ds4windows driver i tried diffrent port and...
  8. Dualshock 4 not detected by windows

Dualshock 4 not detected by windows: For half a month now, I've been trying to figure out why my ps4 controller suddenly stopped working. I've tried working this out with steam support but even clean booting doesn't fix this. I've tried removing this device in device manager and removing the HID part of it as...
  9. Dualshock 4 not detected

Dualshock 4 not detected: So I've had this issue with my controller for a while now and what I do is I plug it in a different USB port and it works, this time it didn't. When I press the PS button on the controller it enters pairing mode and it doesn't find a device to connect to even though it is...
  10. Dualshock 4 Constantly Being Added as an Audio Device

Dualshock 4 Constantly Being Added as an Audio Device: I recently had to purchase a new Dualshock 4 since my old one was literally falling apart, and I've been running into something of an annoying issue. My old DS4, for whatever reason, only connected to my PC as a "wireless controller", it never came up as an audio device at...